Can we create backups of two different windows phone to single one drive account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can we create backups of two different windows phone to single one drive account

to be precise ,I have a lumia 730 and lumia 928 ,both running windows 8.1

What i want is a separate backup created for lumia 928 & one for lumia 730 in single

onedrive account .Backups according to device.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can we create backups of two different windows phone to single one drive account

Code:
You'll just have to take note of the date when you perform a backup on each device. Then when you go to restore a backup, you'll know which backup was for which phone.

I agree, it would be handy to be able to rename the backup files.

But yes, you could use several different phones. As long as they're set up with, and signed into the same Microsoft account, they'll save the backups on the same Onedrive.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Rename each device with a unique identity in Settings > About (forget exact setting in WP8.1) from the stock "Windows Phone". All PCs, tablets and phones using that account will show respective backups with associated unique user created IDs.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Rename each device with a unique identity in Settings > About (forget exact setting in WP8.1) from the stock "Windows Phone". All PCs, tablets and phones using that account will show respective backups with associated unique user created IDs.

Yep. I name all my devices:

RT1520
RThdLTE
RT2520

Like such and stuff. I always know what backups I have on OneDrive.

Don't forget to clear old devices out of your profile and purge old backups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3