Need help. Is this even possible? More than one OS open on phone?

dandunk

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, this may be a stretch but is it possible for more than one instance of the OS to be running at the same time? This is why I think it's happening. When my alarm goes off I have to dismiss it 3 times. Many times in notifications, I receive multiple, duplicate notifications. Sometimes when texting I'm told I sent the text 3 times. My battery will drain to around 50% in an hour and a half even if not being used and battery info will show 1.5 hours of battery remaining. That is about 3x normal battery drain. It may just be coincidence but three is the common denominator. Any thoughts?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you have multiple operating systems running simultaneously. I do think you might want to do a soft reset and see if that helps you out. If that doesn't work, you may want to consider a hard reset.

What OS are you running right now? WP8.1, or Windows 10 Mobile?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There were app updates recently on W10M that causes alarms to go off multiple times, and same with reminders. I also had the issue with a message going out multiple times, 5 minutes apart.

Soft reset corrected most, but the alarms needed to be removed then re-added to fix the issue. Hope this helps.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
There were app updates recently on W10M that causes alarms to go off multiple times, and same with reminders. I also had the issue with a message going out multiple times, 5 minutes apart.

Soft reset corrected most, but the alarms needed to be removed then re-added to fix the issue. Hope this helps.

Yup, i have to either delete my alarm every single time to shut it down, or so a soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital