Why with a new WP 10 phone is Outlook Mail the only tile to provide email notifications?

W

WPCentral Question

When I pick up the phone I see I have 10 new emails in my "Outlook Mail" tile. When I click the Outlook Mail tile, it goes to most recent email account I was last in, but the 10 emails are not in this account. Wait, let me now click Accounts and select one of the other 2, nope no emails in that account, okay now select the 3rd Account, awe there are my 10 emails. Why cant you guys just put a banner/notification in each email account tile. this is ridiculous. no wonder windows phones are last. so many great things, but yet now its going backwards.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
All works ok for me. Unlocked 950, 3 accounts, 2 of them as a linked inbox (Work) and the other personal (Hotmail).
All tiles show correct number of emails.
wp_ss_20151217_0001.jpg

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. I had the same problem, now it is solved. I didn't even think that the whole outlook app was pinned to start, that is ehy it showed a combined number. Now i pinned just the outlook mail as an account, and it shows seperate emails in live tile.

Thanks guys :grin:

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Try resizing the tiles to small, large then back to medium.
I have some tiles that seem to stop updating, and as soon as I change the size they start to work again.

(I know you shouldn't have to, but as email tiles work fine for me, it's the only suggestion I can think of right now)

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I have gone through all the check boxes suggestions in this thread and others. Unpin the Outlook Mail tile, unpin the individual email acct tiles, re-pin the individual email tiles and still no changes. I am doing a hard reset and will report back. But see screen shot below where 9 new emails show up on my Outlook Mail tile, but non in the individual acct tiles and i know each of the accts have new emails. I can tell by the messages that scroll through the Outlook Mail tile.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 3.jpg
    Screen Shot 3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Wow, hard factory reset fixed my problem. unreal. thanks to my patience, Microsoft didn't end up with this phone back in their return pile. AT&T surely wouldn't have figured this out. hopefully the Low Storage message will also go away.

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
partly correct. on the lock screen only 1 account shows email notifications. when i unlock the screen then i see all the acct tiles and their various numbers of new emails. not quite the same but better than it was before.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I was mistaken! You can actually now select each account, which you couldn't do on earlier versions.

Have checked it and the lock and glance screen counts are also working ok for me. You're having some bad luck 😞

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
On the lock screen I just get the total number of emails. It doesn't split the accounts like you could on WP8.1

i still have this problem. each email acct tile will show the number of new emails now, but not on the lock/glance screen. I actually only get 1 acct to show on the Glance/Lock screen. Windows Store was stumped, couldn't fix it. they said the Lumia 950 is currently in beta testing. wow, thanks.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this was suggested. Pin individual accounts to start. Now create a folder. (I called mine Email) place your pinned accounts in the folder. Resize the app to the largest/medium. (Mine is largest) and as the tiles flip you see which accounts have new mail. Hope this helps

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

kxcd

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this was suggested. Pin individual accounts to start. Now create a folder. (I called mine Email) place your pinned accounts in the folder. Resize the app to the largest/medium. (Mine is largest) and as the tiles flip you see which accounts have new mail. Hope this helps

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Yep, this is how I have mine.

I guess the only minor issue I have with email notifications is that once you click on the tile and open the account, the notification goes away even if you didn't read the new email(s). Say I open the account and don't read two of my emails. Now the notification goes away. The next time I get an email, the notification reads one, not three unread. I guess the OS "assumes" you read the other two. But as I said, this is very minor and may just be the way it's supposed to function...

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Yep, this is how I have mine.

I guess the only minor issue I have with email notifications is that once you click on the tile and open the account, the notification goes away even if you didn't read the new email(s). Say I open the account and don't read two of my emails. Now the notification goes away. The next time I get an email, the notification reads one, not three unread. I guess the OS "assumes" you read the other two. But as I said, this is very minor and may just be the way it's supposed to function...

i get it, but realistically you have seen the email subject and sender.

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
You might not necessarily have seen all the unread emails subject and sender!

I agree that it should be as it is on iOS, the amount of unread mails stays visible until you read them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes