How do I fix the start restart problem on a Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The phone turns off, "NOKIA" appears, and it does t all over again. ATT told me to hold down the Volume and POWER buttons at the same time for a bit. This cures it for a few days, or maybe a week, and it stars right up again. Am I doing something wrong with this phone? I've had it for 8 - 10 months now with no problems till a recently.

Thanks!

R.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest that you reflash the phone with official software. Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool you can find here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=1BHZ7Hhs

Make a backup first. Do not restore from backup during setup. Run it stock for a couple days and leave backup turned off.

If the problem does not return, reset it once more and do the restore from backup this time.

If the first reset works, then it is not the OS. If the problem returns you have bad hardware and need repair.

If the first reset works, and then you reset and use the backup... Any further problem you see may be due to an App conflict. Try and eliminate anything that may have changed before your issue started.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes