Some Icons are gone, and their names are changed to @../AppDisplayName and don't work, what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Some Icons are gone, and their names are changed to @{.../AppDisplayName} and don't work

I think it is only with apps from the store, but i cant check it since the store itself has also dissapeared,

Using the search bar gives wierd answers when i am looking for the apps that are gone (it shows a transparent icon with the name @{Microsoft.Windowsscan.../Appname} or @{microsoft.communicationapps.../DisplayName})

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Some Icons are gone, and their names are changed to @{.../AppDisplayName} and don't work

Is there a chance you had Apps installed on SD? And then something happened? Maybe you got a new card and xfered content over? Or your card got corrupted?

Have you tried Soft Reset? Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds).

You may have to do a Factory Reset. Settings > about > reset your phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon