they seem locked or frozen
    raregar1 likes this.
    03-09-2016 10:31 PM
    "Frozen" how? Are we talking about email+accounts section (settings) or the mail app?

Try a Soft Reset

The soft reset is the same thing as pulling your battery (on devices where that is possible). This method will not remove anything at all from your phone and is completely safe to attempt in any problem situation.
    You perform the soft reset by having your phone turned on. Then press and hold the volume down + power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts. Note that you should not touch the device screen during the process (not even when the 'slide down to power off' prompt appears).

If you have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    03-09-2016 11:44 PM
    Same issue here (I have a Lumia 950 XL). I woke up this morning and my email app wasn't working. The live tile shows two emails I received through the night on my hotmail and my work email. Both hotmail and my work email (which is through an exchange server) will show a blue screen with the outlook icon in the center for about 3 seconds then it will crash to the start screen.

What I have tried:
    Powering off and on
    Soft reset
    Updating phone
    Disabling Wifi
    Re-enabling wifi
    Checking for app updates
    03-10-2016 08:00 AM
    There was a new update JUST released. If it didn't prompt you to download and install, force the store to search for downloads and updates.
    03-10-2016 10:32 AM