Signal not updating when bluetooth connected to car

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi All,
Apologies if somebody else has already asked this question, but a search of the forum did not show me anything similar.

When I am in the car and my Windows Phone is connected the number of signal bars shown on my car screen (which should match the phone) never seems to change or update. When i touch my phone handset via the power button then I can see the signal is perhaps 4 or 5 bars and only when I have done that does my car show the same. Its like the phone is in a "suspend" mode or something.

I am using the Windows Lumia 640 LTE running windows 8.1 and my car is a BMW 320 pre configured for the phone. My boss also seems to have the exact same issue and he has a Mercedes.

It seems like the phone is partially asleep and my boss also feels that he regularly doesnt receive calls when in the car as it shows no signal on his car sometimes even though when you wake up the phone there is signal.

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome.

Regards,
Keith

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If the phone shows signal when you wake it, that is the real signal. And if there is signal on the phone it is working fine and will receive calls.

It sounds like there is a bug in updating the car via Bluetooth. As Windows 8.1 is older and will not be receiving any updates, I suggest you try Windows 10 on your phone (one first!).

Upgrade Advisor app for Windows 10 Mobile - Windows Help

The other nice thing about Windows 10 is that it contains a Feedback tool to report issues, which then often get fixed through updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6