Microsoft Lumia 550 WiFi is not turning on.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The device is just refusing to turn of WiFi. The WiFi button on Quick actions is entirely unresponsive, and when I try to turn it on from settings I see dots streaming across the top for sometime after which WiFi power toggle is grayed out. Mobile Hotspot, another survive which depends on WiFi is also not working. When I'm trying to turn it on I am shown a message- 'mobile hotspot isn't currently available'.

I have tried everything to fix out this problem: Restarting phone, Soft reset and even Hard reset. I have also double checked that my phone is not in battery saving mode or airplane mode. I can see there's one software update pending, but I can not download it without my WiFi connection. Moreover I am sure that this software update has nothing to do with my WiFi issue, because it has been there for a month and I didn't bothered to download it.

Can someone help me to fix this problem?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The device is just refusing to turn of WiFi. The WiFi button on Quick actions is entirely unresponsive, and when I try to turn it on from settings I see dots streaming across the top for sometime after which WiFi power toggle is grayed out. Mobile Hotspot, another survive which depends on WiFi is also not working. When I'm trying to turn it on I am shown a message- 'mobile hotspot isn't currently available'.

I have tried everything to fix out this problem: Restarting phone, Soft reset and even Hard reset. I have also double checked that my phone is not in battery saving mode or airplane mode. I can see there's one software update pending, but I can not download it without my WiFi connection. Moreover I am sure that this software update has nothing to do with my WiFi issue, because it has been there for a month and I didn't bothered to download it.

Can someone help me to fix this problem?

when you software update, is that in store or OS update?

What version of OS build are you on? You can check by going to settings > system >about. It should be 10586.318

Alternatively, can you try looking for a service centre for check or take it to the store where you got it from

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes