Clipboard does not recognized keyboard and detach red light is always on, what is this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Clipboard does not recognized keyboard and detach red light is always on

My surface book does not recognized any functionality of the keyboard (keyboard, battery, touchpad, ...) and the detach key does not work, software detach key although does not work, I can detach keyboard just by two pin on side of my clipboard.

The red light on the detach key of my keyboard is always on even when the surface book is shutdown, it's go off just when the clipboard detach from keyboard. I try anything on the internet but nothings work for me, would you please assist me in this matter?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Clipboard does not recognized keyboard and detach red light is always on

My surface book does not recognized any functionality of the keyboard (keyboard, battery, touchpad, ...) and the detach key does not work, software detach key although does not work, I can detach keyboard just by two pin on side of my clipboard.

The red light on the detach key of my keyboard is always on even when the surface book is shutdown, it's go off just when the clipboard detach from keyboard. I try anything on the internet but nothings work for me, would you please assist me in this matter?

it seems like a hardware issue - try to contact the place where you bought it from for servicing/checking - I'm assuming the warranty still exists

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos