How do I create a Windows RE or 3rd party (macrium reflect) recovery partition?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 10 both pro. During setup I ran into trouble with the recovery partition. I managed to recreate the partition layout as so: Recovery, EFI, Recovery, MSR, Win7, Win10, Shared, Drivers, SystemImages.

The first recovery partition is for WinRE and the second one is for Lenovo Onekey Recovery (if I decide to use it) or if possible something like macrium reflect. The SystemImages partition is for storing factory default images of the two OS. I will create the images myself to avoid bloatware.

I was able to create a recovery USB drive in Windows 10 but that does no good for my Win7. Also as I have never been able to successfully restore any version of windows using a backup from either windows recovery or third party options, I would like to have system images from both WinRE and another option just to make sure.

I generally find myself re-installing my os(s) about once a year in order to refresh and speed up my computer.

Recap: How to Make WinRE bootable partition and how to make Macrium Reflect bootable partition? I already have partitions made, but cant seem to get WinRE onto the partition or recognized by the os, and cant find find a guide on putting 3rd party recovery onto partition and make bootable.

Oh, also, Windows 10 RE should be able to create and restore a system image of Win7 if I just choose that drive instead of the Win10 drive, correct? (All dual booting guides say to only keep one Windows Recovery partition)

Thank You

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon