I am dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 10 both pro. During setup I ran into trouble with the recovery partition. I managed to recreate the partition layout as so: Recovery, EFI, Recovery, MSR, Win7, Win10, Shared, Drivers, SystemImages.

The first recovery partition is for WinRE and the second one is for Lenovo Onekey Recovery (if I decide to use it) or if possible something like macrium reflect. The SystemImages partition is for storing factory default images of the two OS. I will create the images myself to avoid bloatware.

I was able to create a recovery USB drive in Windows 10 but that does no good for my Win7. Also as I have never been able to successfully restore any version of windows using a backup from either windows recovery or third party options, I would like to have system images from both WinRE and another option just to make sure.

I generally find myself re-installing my os(s) about once a year in order to refresh and speed up my computer.

Recap: How to Make WinRE bootable partition and how to make Macrium Reflect bootable partition? I already have partitions made, but cant seem to get WinRE onto the partition or recognized by the os, and cant find find a guide on putting 3rd party recovery onto partition and make bootable.

Oh, also, Windows 10 RE should be able to create and restore a system image of Win7 if I just choose that drive instead of the Win10 drive, correct? (All dual booting guides say to only keep one Windows Recovery partition)

Thank You
    07-19-2016 04:06 PM