Display Dock Multi Purpose?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello, I've just purchased a Lumia 950 with a free Display Dock and am awaiting on it to be delivered.

Now I am curious, would my theory work before I put it into practice.

Could I connect a wireless charger to the front facing port on the display hub, then connect the usb-c port to my computer, attach my usb 2.0 mouse and keyboard to the dock and have a hdmi switch to my 60inch tv between the phone and the pc.

I have attached a diagram of the setup, below

imgur.com/a/o0Wlj

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The front facing port is the USB C to connect to your phone.

On the back there are 3 standard USB ports for keyboards, hard drives etc.

There are also 3 others, power in, HDMI and one called DP, don't know what DP is so I haven't tried it.

But I doubt your idea would work and your diagram didn't show up.

EDIT:

OK the DP port is a display port, not sure if the HDMI and DP can work at the same time, no DP cable so I can't test it, I will have a look around the web and see what I can find out.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I've just purchased a Lumia 950 with a free Display Dock and am awaiting on it to be delivered.

Now I am curious, would my theory work before I put it into practice.

Could I connect a wireless charger to the front facing port on the display hub, then connect the usb-c port to my computer, attach my usb 2.0 mouse and keyboard to the dock and have a hdmi switch to my 60inch tv between the phone and the pc.

I have attached a diagram of the setup, below

imgur.com/a/o0Wlj

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss