My documents folder is gone from 'my user name folder'

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Im running windows 10 and Ive been having lots of issues with one drive so I decided to unlink it to my pc and turn it off completely.

The documents folder in 'this pc' no longer works now as the folder path goes to one drive. is there a way of fixing this?

Also the documents folder is missing from from 'the folder with my user name' (the one with all the lovely icons). When I try to create a new folder and call it documents, an error shows that I cant have two folders with the same name. I therefore thought that the folder may have been hidden so I set show hidden files and it showed me a my documents folder that was faded out and I cant do anything with that. no idea what that means.

The only place in which the documents folder still exists is in my user account?s folder in the c drive and library.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You could create a shortcut of that documents folder in library and set it as a favourite

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon