Why have Instagram and Facebook Messenger stopped working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 950 XL and for some reason the Instagram & Facebook Messenger apps recently stopped working. They will open, but then I can't actually do anything with them. It's as if the touchscreen has stopped working, because nothing happens when I tap on anything.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but because I can't click on anything, I can't even enter my log in details to try to use them again.

Has anyone faced anything similar and do they have a solution? Everything else works fine, so it seems odd.

kev0200

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I kept having this problem same phone, but I was on a insider preview I had to keep soft resetting my phone (volume down and power button till it vibrates) and that seemed to work for me

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 XL and for some reason the Instagram & Facebook Messenger apps recently stopped working. They will open, but then I can't actually do anything with them. It's as if the touchscreen has stopped working, because nothing happens when I tap on anything.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but because I can't click on anything, I can't even enter my log in details to try to use them again.

Has anyone faced anything similar and do they have a solution? Everything else works fine, so it seems odd.

try the soft reset and if possible, try to install on internal storage and maybe use a different internet connection

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes