Network disconnection

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi! I updated my windows 10 to 14393, and right after that, my wifi connection on my laptop became very unstable, and drops out every few minutes, either being shown as 'Limited' or cuts out all together. and i cant connect to any network unless I put my pc to sleep then turn it back on, but then I get disconnected from the internet again at random moments. However, it feels like as if I get disconnected when there is a lot of data traffic going on...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this issue on all of my W10 PCs/tablets. Daily, I get "Unidentified IP Address" or "Connected, No Internet Access" and a little exclamation mark on the wifi icon. Really, really annoying. Sometimes, it fixes itself within 5 to 10 minutes. Other times, I have to troubleshoot, reset driver, uninstall driver, or reset router...or all of the above. I've spent a lot of time searching for an answer that works, but have not been successful. Hope someone in the forums has the magic solution.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the links. But, I'm an expert on updating drivers, now. Lol :D Just happened on my Dell laptop. Ha ha I had to uninstall and reinstall the driver.....again
Ha Ha Your very welcome! I was only trying to help. I would not have not replied had I known you were a expert!:wink: I hope you find a solution to your issue! I'm not a expert on any thing, but I have found that drivers can cause issues like you are having. Just for my curiosity; where are you getting the latest drivers. The drivers in the devise manager are not always the latest driver for your PC.:wink: FYI This is not my first rodeo. Ha Ha:wink:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ha Ha Your very welcome! I was only trying to help. I would not have not replied had I known you were a expert!:wink: I hope you find a solution to your issue! I'm not a expert on any thing, but I have found that drivers can cause issues like you are having. Just for my curiosity; where are you getting the latest drivers. The drivers in the devise manager are not always the latest driver for your PC.:wink: FYI This is not my first rodeo. Ha Ha:wink:

I appreciate the help. I know a little bit about a lot of things, but I'm only an expert on a few. Ha ha
I'll go through and manually update my drivers on my gadgets, and see if that helps. And, you did help. I didn't know that the Device Manager drivers might be out of date. Thank you. :)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Here's a good read about updating drivers from HTG. My thoughts "If it ain't broke don't fix it":wink:
When Do You Need to Update Your Drivers?

Use the Manufacturer’s Website

For other drivers, go straight to your hardware manufacturer’s website. If you have a laptop or a prebuilt desktop PC, go to its manufacturer’s website and look up the driver-download page for your specific model of computer. You’ll usually find a single web page with a long list of drivers you can download. New versions of these drivers are posted to this web page when available, and you’ll often see the dates when they were uploaded so you know which are new.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Very simple to find your drivers for your PC! I have a Toshiba laptop! Here's my Wireless LAN:wink: Driver!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 8

GnawiLegend

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi again, im the original poster, the problem is not related to the drivers, i think its about DNS multiple domains and subdomains, because i get to download from MEGAsync with no problem, but when im using uTorrent or similar software the internet goes down...
So if anyone knows the difference between how MEGA and uTorrent works might be the answer.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
e646721029e2881cceec6f9f38d0d9db.jpg

So, I turned on my Lenovo stick PC at 5:00 pm, and this is what I get.
Troubleshoot wifi...says that I need to unplug restart router. Do that. Five minutes later, I have wifi back.
Another 10 minutes later, I get what's in the picture again. Troubleshoot again...can't find a problem. Restart PC.
Wifi is back....for another 5 minutes or so. Then I get "Identifying...no internet". Troubleshoot...again..... told to restart router again. I restart PC just for funsies. Once everything is back up and running, wifi works for another 10 minutes or so, then....I get what's in the picture again. :(
My connection has been so spotty, that even during the times that I did have wifi access, my homepage would fail to load or only partially load. I was going to go update my driver's at the Lenovo site, but haven't made it yet. ha ha Could a week wifi signal cause these sort of sporadic failures??? The Lenovo is plugged in to the back of my TV, which is pushed up against a wall.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
HI Scienceguy! Routers wear out just like any other electronic devise. I'm wondering if you use a Ethernet cable would you have these issues. I recently had to purchase a new router. It was dropping me, but not as often as your being dropped. Just a thought that's easy to prove. Do you have any other devises close that might interfere ect (Phone)?How far away is your router?? Just thinking out load my friend! :wink:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So, problem with the Lenovo Stick is that there is only one USB port. In that, I have my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse connector thingy. So, i can't plug in an Ethernet cable without an adapter. Don't have one of those on hand. The wifi router is an AT&T Uverse router that we just got installed about two months ago. Right now, the router is at the back of the house. There are two walls in between the router and the Stick. I think I'm gonna try to get an HDMI extension cable for the Stick, so that it sits in a better place in relation to the router. I'm gonna give AT&T a call, too, just to see what they offer. Thanks for the help.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
i get the similar exclamation if i join my wifi which was on sleep mode if unused for a while but after a while ( under a few seconds) it is resolved and i get full connectivity. This do not happen everytime, only when i connect to the wifi when it is in sleep mode. ;)

could barely be a driver issue and more of a router/stick thing imo .

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I updated my windows 10 to 14393, and right after that, my wifi connection on my laptop became very unstable, and drops out every few minutes, either being shown as 'Limited' or cuts out all together. and i cant connect to any network unless I put my pc to sleep then turn it back on, but then I get disconnected from the internet again at random moments. However, it feels like as if I get disconnected when there is a lot of data traffic going on...

I had this problem too, somewhere on the MS forums, somebody mention it had to do with windows default drivers, and suggested to download and update wifi drivers from the manufacturer, I did and worked for me.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi again! in my case the problem is not from the drivers... im sure its DNS related, because it happened right after the update.
Hi You keep saying that you are sure its DNS related. I attached two links in post #12.Have you tried them?? There was lots of things to check and one was how to flush the DNS. You never say what you have tried to fix your problem. What have you tried??:wink: What makes you think that it's DNS related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans