top right controls unresponsive to mouse clicks

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The windows of most 'programs' have three or more controls in the top right corner. The left mouse of my Toshiba laptop with Win10 version 1607, has no effect in clicking on them. If I want to close a window, I have to click on the File Menu and choose EXIT. How to cure this ?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 3

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
THIS time, there was a reply option, so I did not need to go the PM way. I habitually use Firefox - but only rarely on the PC I wrote the post about. On that laptop, the problem occurs in Windows Explorer screens as well - it is NOT confined to browsers. It's a great inconvenience, and I'd love to know the tweak that fixes it.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Joe! That's the best I can do. How many browsers are you using on the laptop?? Are you using the touch pad?? Do you have a different mouse you can try? How about updating the driver?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Waiting for your reply. Getting close to my bed time. LMAO. I have responded twice. It's your turn friend!:smile:
I'm tired! Going to bed. Reply when you get time!

Last edited:

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I rarely use a browser at all on the laptop. I have about 4 installed. Mostly I use a USB mouse, but the touch pad if the USB mouse is not connected. Yes, I can try a different mouse. It is a freshly installed Win10 v1607 - fully updated. I would have thought if there was driver to be updated, it would have happened 'automatically'. At next reply, I hope to have tried some of your suggestions.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
What setting do you suggest I tweak ?
I'm not suggesting you tweak any thing. I'm suggesting you check your mouse setting. I asked you if you were using the touch pad. No response!
Toshiba touch pads are notorious for screwing up. I have a Toshiba, so I know. I asked you about up dating the driver. No response! It's very hard to help some one when they don't respond. Good night friend. I'll catch up tomorrow:smile:!
I see where you have posted this problem on several help forums and they have not responded.
http://www.tenforums.com/general-su...winex-controls-unresponsive-mouse-clicks.html

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I asked you if you were using the touch pad. No response! Then what is this : ".... but the touch pad if the USB mouse is not connected....." ?
I will assume that we are out of synchrony, because I commented on DRIVER in the same post. Yes I started posting on another forum, and 'moved on' when there was no response.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok Sorry I was tired! Glad you got the problem solved! The times are off on the forum. It's 8:53 Am here. Showing 2:52 PM on the forum I have made a report. Maybe I'm not seeing your responses when you make them. I was monitoring the stream and your post weren't showing up on stream. I could see you were logged on, but there weren't any responses.:smile:
Yes we are out of synchrony because of the time.:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention