Windows 10 Mobile build 14977 update issue

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a 640XL, was running 14977 but some things were not running correctly, decided to do a reset, then I lost some basic settings like toggling emoji to normal when typing.
So I hard reset to 8.1 then tried to upgrade again, I am currently stuck on 14393 and my update has been stuck at 95% for 3 days. Has anyone else had this issue?
P/s: just for sheer effort, I thought let me try again, currently, I am on my third try from 8.1

noleschamp

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if you are still having issues but I was on the same boat and found a way to fix it. First Recover back to 8.1. Then use the Upgrade Adviser to upgrade to 10. Then do the next update on 10 as if you are not in the Insider Program. After you updated as far as you can as just a normal user then sign back on to the Fast Ring and update to 14977. I did it and my 735 is working great. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

eastlawyers1

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Obviously, you lose the setting files when updating maybe. Firstly, backup your data, in order to keep them completely, and try to return 8.1. If there is any problem , at least your files are still here. If you don't have a backup, I suggest you a software: EaseUS MobiSaver It can help you find the lost setting files. and if there are some important files lost when updating, it also can help you get them back.
Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon