Sim-Unlocking by editing registry keys??

nitikosovo

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello I just managed to update my Lumia 521 to Windows 10 Mobile Latest build and i realized that nothing is impossible, while thinking i was wondering if there is any way we can edit registry of our phones using registry editors like interop tools or something else and make our phone sim unlocked ((if not permanent at least until we reset phones and the registry goes back to default)}} !!
-I think there is a way we can do it !! Can someone provide me anything to change i can test it in my phone without worrying!!
-btw there should be a file in root or registry that changes when we put a correct unlock code!! that allows us to unlock our phones!!
-------------
i made this question in xda too but thought you can answer quickier !! give me just a preview !!

CozyPlanes

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I have lived with winphone for more than 3 years and i have never seen people EDITING the registry, or UNLOCK the phone by a strange way. Well, you can unlock the bootloader so i would like to see how it goes.
:D

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
i installed depencies --->=

Not that I know, but the SIM lock is not part of the OS, as far as I can tell. It's hard coded to a chip, something the OS can then check when another SIM is entered.
The OS can call for a code and then turn the chip off ( or section of a chip ), that will then allow unlock.

I hope I am wrong, but the Guys over at XDA would know better as they hack all sorts of things and even build custom ROMs for their phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa