I don't want to get into an argument over it, and this is hardly the place. What I'm saying is that the update is available for Lumia 640.

Are you in the US? Carriers usually interfere with upgrades there. If your phone uses a CV ROM, i.e. is not tied to any carrier, it should get the upgrade. The fact that Upgrade Advisor does not find an update suggests it is blocked for that particular variant. Even then, you can temporarily use the Release Preview ring of Insiders to get Windows 10 Mobile - Creators Update for your phone. And then you can drop out of Insiders.
    04-13-2017 03:13 AM
    I'm not in the US (I'm in New Zealand), and my phone isn't network-locked (and never has been). I appreciate what you're saying, but when I checked Microsoft's website it said they're MAKING it available (which implies that they haven't finished implementing it with my phone yet).

The Insider program might work, but I've been told that the version available there is a beta version that still has a lot of bugs. Is that right?
    04-13-2017 06:03 AM
    I'm not in the US (I'm in New Zealand), and my phone isn't network-locked (and never has been). I appreciate what you're saying, but when I checked Microsoft's website it said they're MAKING it available (which implies that they haven't finished implementing it with my phone yet).

The Insider program might work, but I've been told that the version available there is a beta version that still has a lot of bugs. Is that right?
    Well, I'm at a loss to why Upgrade Advisor is unable to find Windows 10 Mobile for you.

I'll try and explain the relevant parts of the Insider programme in short:
    There are three rings that are available under Windows Insider - fast, slow, and release preview. The fast and slow rings are generally for pre-release builds. The release preview ring is the ring that is the most stable of the Insider rings, as it delivers the builds that will be seeding to the general population next.

What I would suggest is that you opt for Insider builds, and pick either the slow or the release preview ring. Get the update for your phone, and then leave Insider.
    04-13-2017 08:31 AM
    Is there any update on the original issue? I've searched around, and it looks like this problem has surfaced earlier as well.
    jasonjef likes this.
    04-13-2017 08:32 AM
    Hello, everyone, I think all we can do is wait. It's a problem from their end. Mine too is from the 11th.
    04-13-2017 11:59 AM
    This is frustrating. I did find that on my Lumia 928 with Windows 8.1 i can see everything in onedrive app, but cannot open any documents using the office apps. All come back with a permissions issue. I originally thought it was an issue with my new windows 10 notebook and i thought maybe having a windows 10 device using onedrive with the same ms account was causing some sort of upgrade that made my phone unusable.
    04-13-2017 12:57 PM
    04-13-2017 02:50 PM
    So what you're essentially saying is that, in order to get a version of WP10 working on my phone, I probably have to download a pre-release version - is that right? If so, I have a few issues with that:

1.) I've heard from other users that the pre-release version still has quite a few bugs. This means that I'm supposed to download buggy software to fix a problem, even though WP8.1 is currently very stable. That doesn't seem intelligent.

2.) If there's no final release of WP10, it's very unlikely that downloading it will address Windows Phone's app support issues. In fact, given that Microsoft have stopped making Windows Phones (and no other manufacturer has picked up the slack), it's likely that app support for WP10 will be even worse.

3.) The OneNote issue is affecting users regardless of OS, so even downloading a final version of WP10 wouldn't solve this problem. For this reason, I don't know why you even recommended this 'solution' in the first place.

As I said before, these factors all point to a dark future for Microsoft. Even after a year, they still haven't been able to bring WP10 to older devices, and it seems like WP10 is a dead-end anyway because NO ONE (including Microsoft) is making phones for that platform anymore. Are we supposed to believe that they'll sink more money into an OS that no future devices will support? Come on....

Meanwhile, Microsoft claims that their future will be primarily invested in their software. However, OneNote is aimed at both phone and desktop/tablet users, yet they haven't even acknowledged this new problem (let alone fixed it). It only affects Windows Phone users though, so perhaps this is part of a strategy to gradually remove support for Windows Phone altogether?
    mikkelnielsen likes this.
    04-13-2017 04:03 PM
    Windows 10 is not yet available for most Windows Phones. Microsoft is trickling it down from new phones 1st. You must make a new purchase to obtain Win10, eventually they plan to release it to some existing hardware. The problem is within the Onenote app, previously I though the Onedrive app in general was affected. This is what I get when trying to sync. (Selecting View Sync Status) This is such a show stopper. I put alot of trust into the onenote app for it to be down for almost 2 days with no explanation? Attachment 135001
    Last edited by melhall10; 04-13-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: attached to wrong post
    WinFoneDan likes this.
    04-13-2017 05:34 PM
    yes, I got the same error on the same day too.
    04-13-2017 05:35 PM
    Same exact problem here, same timing (last sync was morning of April 11).

Lumia 640 LTE, running Windows 8.1*

Realized nothing has been updating or syncing in OneNote for a couple days. Looking into it through Sync Status, I get this message:

"Result:
    You don't have permission to edit this file and the sync has stopped. Contact owner of the file to request approval, and then try again.
    Error Code = 80070005

Last synced:
    4/11/2017 9:30:12 AM

Last attempt:
    4/13/2017 7:11:10 PM"

*My device is unlocked, but initially from AT&T. Upgrade Advisor reports upgrade to Windows 10 is available, but I'd like to avoid doing that until I see confirmation that this will actually resolve the issue.
    WinFoneDan likes this.
    04-13-2017 06:16 PM
    My phone did the same thing on 4/11/17 at 7:50:32 AM. I had changed my microsoft email account that same day and thought it was something that I had done but after reading this forum it seems that I didn't mess anything up as far as that is concerned.
    04-13-2017 09:57 PM
    My OneNote says it last synced 4/11/2017 also.
    04-13-2017 10:21 PM
    Same problem here, started 11th april 2017.

I've also been noticing as OP writes, apps have been disappering the last 6 months, and there is hardly any left, the Lumia 735 I bought in 2015 is now pretty much a standard nokia phone, but with smart phone dimensions. The techincal specification is actually pretty good, but since there is no software support any longer, and microsoft have ditched the Windows phone platform, to venture on to android, in their upcoming phones, it has become a abbandoned phone. It looks like they dont want to spend anymore money updating the Lumia series. I find it dispicable they sell phones they 2 years down the line just scraps, even though the hardware does not have any problems. just a waste of the consumers trust, I was buying a windows phone to support microsofts alternative to android, now look what we get.

In regards to the WP10 update, it is not very good, the outlook calendar functions are very limited, and you cannot make accurate appointments any more, which makes the calendar pretty useless.

other WP10 apps are also limited in their functionality, and makes the upgrade a very unwise choise if you like the features your phone got now.

I am very disappointed in microsoft way to handle this, continuing scrapping apps, says nothing, just plain horrible wa y to treat loyal customers.

shame on you microsoft!
    04-14-2017 02:54 AM
    ohh yeah just to let you know onenote works on iPHONE!

as lame as it gets.
    jasonjef likes this.
    04-14-2017 03:28 AM
    I know that at this point it is already pretty obvious that this is a large scale problem. My OneNote stopped syncing at the exact same date as everyone else (11.04.17), and it seems to affect not only OneNote, but OneDrive and Office as well, what makes me think that this is a OneDrive problem (since the aforementioned apps are all linked to its content).
    I surely hope this is not the beginning of the end, but if this is the case, then these news should be spread, since there was almost nothing to be found on the internet about this problem. Someone should seriously post about this in some blog or some tech site to others to see, given this problem is not solved and escalates to something bigger.
    I still hope for a solution and I'll accompany this thread until one is found.
    mikkelnielsen likes this.
    04-14-2017 04:07 AM
    04-14-2017 04:41 AM
    I'm having the same sync problem. This is obviously a Microsoft glitch? Same issue here for everyone around the same date.
    04-14-2017 04:51 AM
    Sad thing is Ive been on the phone with different Microsoft departments and none of them have any idea of whats going on. They didn't even know that when you try to use the phones web browser to go to onenote.com, yes you find the updated files, but once you try to launch they, it tries to open in the local onedrive app, resulting in the same problem. Cannot find or launch due to the same error. It cant be tied to one type of cell carrier as I tried on a phone with no sim just WiFi. I could be wrong. I have Verizon. Does anyone having this have a different carrier. I'm at a loss. My entire company is affected by this and this is not a good look if Microsoft wants to win Server rooms over to their 0-365 cloud enterprise. smh. I wonder if I had an Iphone or Droid and install the onedrive app will it sync during this time?
    melhall10 likes this.
    04-14-2017 01:53 PM
    I have the very same problem on a Lumia 635 with WP8.1, with one significant positive opening: syncronisation still works perfectly against notebooks that are stored on a corporate O365 OneDrive for Business location.

All notebooks stored on a personal OneDrive location have the exact issue described here.
    04-14-2017 03:50 PM
    Exact same problem here with my Nokia Lumia 635. The last successful sync was 4-11-17
    04-14-2017 11:33 PM
    I have had the same problem since 11th April on the Lumia 635. OneNote won't sync and I can't download latest versions of Word documents. When I look in the Store at top free apps OneDrive is showing as just a grey square now. I hope it gets sorted, I will miss the features so much.
    04-15-2017 01:03 AM
    I purchased a Android handset today (Huawei P9 Lite), which I will be switching over to on Tuesday next week (I want to keep using my old Windows Phone at work until I've spent a few days setting up/testing the new Android one). This incident with Onenote - along with growing issues surrounding Windows Phone app support - have totally put me off the platform. Microsoft have made it clear that their future is NOT invested in Windows Phones, which is a shame because the hardware is actually fantastic. The software was good too (while it lasted), and I actually can't see why it couldn't continue without active support as the previous apps were stable with WP8.1 (which was itself also stable). For that reason, I get the impression that Microsoft has begun to actively subvert their own product line, which is just insane.

I've also transferred all my OneNote data across to Evernote, which I will be using with the new Android device. I would like to eventually switch back to OneNote, if Microsoft ever get around to fixing the syncing problem, but Evernote seems to work quite well so I may just stick with it.

Long story short, Microsoft just lost a very loyal customer. I'm sure their accountants already wrote off their entire smartphone market long ago, and I know corporations are impervious to any form of conscience, but I'm sure Satya Nadella believes in some form of Karma.
    AnnWalker likes this.
    04-15-2017 01:44 AM
    Hi Alex,

I will be switching to Evernote, too. How did you do the import, or did you have to manually add your data into Evernote? I can't seem to find the instructions for that in Evernote.

I found it Alex under File and Import in Evernote. It's a shame about OneNote. I'm trying Office 365 for Business as a trial, but I don't know now....not good business practices....

I purchased a Android handset today (Huawei P9 Lite), which I will be switching over to on Tuesday next week (I want to keep using my old Windows Phone at work until I've spent a few days setting up/testing the new Android one). This incident with Onenote - along with growing issues surrounding Windows Phone app support - have totally put me off the platform. Microsoft have made it clear that their future is NOT invested in Windows Phones, which is a shame because the hardware is actually fantastic. The software was good too (while it lasted), and I actually can't see why it couldn't continue without active support as the previous apps were stable with WP8.1 (which was itself also stable). For that reason, I get the impression that Microsoft has begun to actively subvert their own product line, which is just insane.

I've also transferred all my OneNote data across to Evernote, which I will be using with the new Android device. I would like to eventually switch back to OneNote, if Microsoft ever get around to fixing the syncing problem, but Evernote seems to work quite well so I may just stick with it.

Long story short, Microsoft just lost a very loyal customer. I'm sure their accountants already wrote off their entire smartphone market long ago, and I know corporations are impervious to any form of conscience, but I'm sure Satya Nadella believes in some form of Karma.
    Last edited by melhall10; 04-15-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    WinFoneDan likes this.
    04-15-2017 07:38 AM
    I have Verizon too. But I asked a coworkwer who uses iPhone and the OneNote app is working just fine!!!!
    04-15-2017 07:40 AM
76 1234