Unable to uninstall language packs since updating to 1803 Insider Build.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My computer now shows i have English Australia and English United States installed since updating to 1803. The United States option came with the Insider build and i cannot remove it as its greyed out.

It actually seems like i cannot uninstall any language packs since updating to 1803, even new language packs i install now. I think it may be locked down due to Insider settings even though i have left it and restarted.

Is there anyway to fix this? Registry? Group policy? lpksetup uninstall doesnt seem to fix this either.

jrds

May 4, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem too. I was able to uninstall the Japanese language of my Asus Transformer Mini T102 when it was still running on Windows 10 version 1709. After updating to version 1803, I noticed that the ENG button is now appearing in my taskbar again. I was able to remove it by removing the Japanese language pack but now, I cannot do it again for some reasons.

I hope they could give us an option to uninstall language packs because the ENG button is annoying to see in the taskbar. :(

foggy_lad

May 9, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem with languages and found that if I add a new language it also can not be removed:angry:

for now I am going to revert to the previous version of ten and wait for a fix on this.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
What you are describing is just one of the many bugs in the supposedly ready to be released 1803 build.

You can remove them manually by doing this:

Run Powershell.
Type $list = Get-WinUserLanguageList and press Enter to show installed language list.

For example,

You have three languages installed.

English - US
English - UK
Thai

Type Set-WinUserLanguageList $($list[0]) and press Enter to remove the language - In this case English - US would be removed.

Replace 0 with whatever language is in the list, so, in the example above:

English - US is 0
English UK is 1
Thai is 2.

More info is here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47539292/remove-language-from-windows-10-using-powershell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234