My computer now shows i have English Australia and English United States installed since updating to 1803. The United States option came with the Insider build and i cannot remove it as its greyed out.

It actually seems like i cannot uninstall any language packs since updating to 1803, even new language packs i install now. I think it may be locked down due to Insider settings even though i have left it and restarted.

Is there anyway to fix this? Registry? Group policy? lpksetup uninstall doesnt seem to fix this either.
    04-28-2018 09:02 PM
    I have the same problem too. I was able to uninstall the Japanese language of my Asus Transformer Mini T102 when it was still running on Windows 10 version 1709. After updating to version 1803, I noticed that the ENG button is now appearing in my taskbar again. I was able to remove it by removing the Japanese language pack but now, I cannot do it again for some reasons.

I hope they could give us an option to uninstall language packs because the ENG button is annoying to see in the taskbar. :(
    05-03-2018 09:12 PM
    I have the same problem with languages and found that if I add a new language it also can not be removed

for now I am going to revert to the previous version of ten and wait for a fix on this.
    05-09-2018 04:41 AM
    if you select the language u dont want to use, press options add keyboard and take the keyboard u are using. After u can delete the keyboard that u dont wanna use.
    If u need any further questions u can contact me on my twitter https://twitter.com/KenneyVanLoock
    05-22-2018 08:01 AM
    What you are describing is just one of the many bugs in the supposedly ready to be released 1803 build.

You can remove them manually by doing this:

Run Powershell.
    Type $list = Get-WinUserLanguageList and press Enter to show installed language list.

For example,

You have three languages installed.

English - US
    English - UK
    Thai

Type Set-WinUserLanguageList $($list[0]) and press Enter to remove the language - In this case English - US would be removed.

Replace 0 with whatever language is in the list, so, in the example above:

English - US is 0
    English UK is 1
    Thai is 2.

More info is here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ing-powershell
    06-02-2018 08:45 AM