help picking antivirus programs? thanks

corvairbob

May 2, 2018
Visit site
what is the view on anti virus programs? i just started using a pc again after having a chrome book for years. they stopped updating them so i went back to a pc.now i have win 10 professional and i see they use defender, but some are telling me i need to get a different security program that defender is no good or it has loopholes and to get another program to run with it.

so i have defender going and avast and spybot but way back when i used pc's i was told multiple virus programs reacted with each other and not to run them together. i believe it was kim komando. anyway now that i'm back on pc's and things look to me like they have really changed i need to find out now how things are.

so i recearched some programs for security and looked at reviews and find avg gets bad reviews and my guess is most will but before i spend a ton on money on anything i figured i would ask here for help to pick one out. also do any of them offer me to buy one license and run the program on more than one pc. i have 5 in the house we use. 2 at the table 2 in the living room and 1 when we go out for overnight weekends.

thanks for any help.bp.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
From what I have read about anti virus, Defender is ok. Not great, not horrible, just ok. Defender can work with some other Anti Malware.

I personally have a combo of Bitdefender, and Malware bytes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon