Hello,

I want to use my surface pro 1 tablet as a secondary monitor (extended screen mode) for my laptop by using WIndows 10 connect/project, and it seems to work now. However, it plays the laptop sounds on the tablet. Can this be prevented?
    03-30-2019 08:33 AM
    If you click the volume icon in the system tray on your Surface, can you not choose the audio source by clicking the arrow at the top to select the Surface and then lower or mute the volume?
    03-30-2019 07:00 PM
    You can try this
    Search "Sound" in the taskbar search, and select Sound Control Panel item from the list of results. The Sound properties box will open. Under the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device – Speakers/Headphones and select Properties
    ochhanz likes this.
    04-01-2019 12:06 AM
    @ochhanz, did either of these replies help you or not? Let us know.
    ochhanz likes this.
    04-01-2019 09:37 AM
    You can try this
    Search "Sound" in the taskbar search, and select Sound Control Panel item from the list of results. The Sound properties box will open. Under the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device – Speakers/Headphones and select Properties
    , thanks I disabled the one that was playing, that seems to work. I guess I will have to enable it again for hdmi connection to tv but hey I can't complain. :)
    04-02-2019 04:34 PM
    , thanks I disabled the one that was playing, that seems to work. I guess I will have to enable it again for hdmi connection to tv but hey I can't complain. :)
    You can use the volume icon in the taskbar to switch audio devices much quicker and then change the volume accordingly.
    04-03-2019 08:16 AM
    You can use the volume icon in the taskbar to switch audio devices much quicker and then change the volume accordingly.
    , you mean in volume mixer changing speakers/device? That did not work for me.
    I seem to be wrong about the hdmi thingie though, that still seems to work and it seems to remember my settings. :)
    04-03-2019 09:15 AM
    , you mean in volume mixer changing speakers/device? That did not work for me.
    I seem to be wrong about the hdmi thingie though, that still seems to work and it seems to remember my settings. :)
    Yes. For me changing the device that way allows me to output sound from either my PC or connected TV. Glad you got it working either way though!
    04-03-2019 09:38 AM