Somehow I can't attach office document such as Word, Excel or Power Point in Web WhatsApp using Surface Go. I tried to install Chrome or Firefox browser (out of S-Mode), but no luck.

The alternative way is to transfer the file to my phone via Bluetooth then send it through android WhatsApp apps, but this alternative is not practical.

Please advise.
    09-02-2019 10:20 PM
    You should be able to just drag and drop the file onto the WhatsApp web page. It works for me. I can attach an Excel file, and I have WhatsApp Web open in Chrome.
    09-03-2019 04:47 AM
    If you have OneDrive on the same device can you put the file there and then link to that using WhatsApp?
    09-03-2019 07:39 AM
    You can also download the Win32 Whatsapp Relay (WhatsApp Desktop from the store) and use that on the Surface Go.
    09-03-2019 04:39 PM
    You can also download the Win32 Whatsapp Relay (WhatsApp Desktop from the store) and use that on the Surface Go.
    That would make this a whole lot easier too!
    09-06-2019 08:43 AM
    That would make this a whole lot easier too!
    It would and it does, make life alot easier lol.
    09-06-2019 12:27 PM
    Will the OP ever get back to us?
    09-09-2019 08:52 AM
    You should be able to just drag and drop the file onto the WhatsApp web page. It works for me. I can attach an Excel file, and I have WhatsApp Web open in Chrome.
    Appreciate the answer, but still didn't work. I really want to keep my Windows 10S instead installing Chrome.
    10-08-2019 08:47 AM
    I tried this, but the apps often crash and nope it wont help me upload office file (docx, xlsx, pptx). But it can upload pdf file.
    Recently I cant send pdf file using web WhatsApp in Microsoft Edge, it really frustrating because I'm using it to send office and pdf file to my colleagues.
    10-08-2019 08:59 AM
    If you have OneDrive on the same device can you put the file there and then link to that using WhatsApp?
    Good option but I'm afraid its not common in my neighborhood.
    10-08-2019 09:07 AM
    Unfortunately, if you want to keep Windows 10 S then you must accept its limitations, such as this.
    10-09-2019 09:20 AM
    Somehow I can't attach office document such as Word, Excel or Power Point in Web WhatsApp using Surface Go. I tried to install Chrome or Firefox browser (out of S-Mode), but no luck.

The alternative way is to transfer the file to my phone via Bluetooth then send it through android WhatsApp apps, but this alternative is not practical.

Please advise.
    Actually I already tried out of Windows 10 S mode to install Chrome and Firefox just to use Web WhatsApp, but no luck. The office file just won't upload. That's why I return to Windows 10 S.
    10-09-2019 07:18 PM
    Actually I already tried out of Windows 10 S mode to install Chrome and Firefox just to use Web WhatsApp, but no luck. The office file just won't upload. That's why I return to Windows 10 S.
    What happened exactly when you tried to upload out of 10 S mode?
    10-10-2019 09:09 AM
    I tried this, but the apps often crash and nope it wont help me upload office file (docx, xlsx, pptx). But it can upload pdf file.
    Recently I cant send pdf file using web WhatsApp in Microsoft Edge, it really frustrating because I'm using it to send office and pdf file to my colleagues.
    I've found it to be hit and miss, the work around is an annoying one. If you have a spare sim put that in a phone then install whatsapp / register that with whatsapp. Add that number to your address book on your main phone, then just send all your documents to that number. So when you load up whatsapp desktop all your documents should be there for you to download off that chat.
    10-10-2019 11:03 AM
    If WhatsApp is causing so much issues, do you have a backup service you can use?
    10-11-2019 08:39 AM