Using my laptop two days ago, I was in Firefox and wanted to open a link in a separate tab. Control click should work, right? A print dialog opened. From the desktop, Control opens a big Windows 10 Search box on the left and Project on the right. Pressing Control several times does weird things and then stops all typing.
    I have deleted the HID keyboard from Device Mgr and restarted - no good.
    What can I do?
    10-19-2022 10:07 PM
    I believe what you are seeing is a function in Firefox and not Windows. Firefox allows you to open in a new tab by right clicking on the link and choosing that "Open Link in New Tab", but Ctrl+click does not open in a new tab. To test this out, open the same site in Chrome and try it - you'll find Chrome allows it, but Firefox removed it a while back. I hope you keep supporting Mozilla though! :)
    10-20-2022 09:02 AM

Similar Threads

1. Xbox October Update brings TV audio controls, mobile clip trimming, and more
    By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News Discussion & Contests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2022, 01:00 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2022, 12:36 PM
  3. The Xbox Design Lab can now colorize a sexy Xbox Elite Controller for you
    Last Post: 10-18-2022, 09:30 AM
  4. Good news, your DisplayPort 2.0 hardware already supports DisplayPort 2.1 — here's why that matters
    Last Post: 10-18-2022, 09:00 AM
  5. Microsoft Places is a new app designed for optimizing hybrid work environments and employees
    Last Post: 10-12-2022, 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD