App settings don't seem to reliably stick.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a general Win 8.1 question instead of an Asus issue, but just in case, I'll ask it here.

I have found in many apps that when I pull up the charms menu to bring up the settings for the app, many times the changes I make do not stick. Take for example this thread that I'm posting via Tapatalk... I've changed my signature dozens of times, but the change never sticks. I've noticed the same behavior in other apps. Oddly enough, sometimes the change kicks in after a few restarts (though if changes required a restart, it would normally happen after only one).

Am I missing something obvious? After making changes to settings, there are no "Apply" or "OK" options to confirm.

I have considered that perhaps it's an app development problem, but I also see the same with default/packaged apps (don't get me started on the headaches I suffered changing the default weather app from Celsius to Fahrenheit).

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I believe it is an issue with the OS and/or the apps.

I use the Weather Channel app, and I get a mish-mash of units. If I set imperial units, I see wind speed in km/h even though temperature shows up as ?F. If I set metric units, I see wind speed in mph even though temperature shows us as ?C.

So far I haven't had issues with the units on the default Bing Weather app.

I'm using a traditional laptop, not a tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo