09-14-2018 02:27 AM
48 12
tools
    Have you done a clean setup or did you restore a backup from a previous device? I prefer clean setup and never restore from a another phone.

I've not had battery issues.

Also, I put a Tempered Glass screen protector on mine pretty soon after I got it and it seemed to smooth out a bit of screen quirkiness I saw at start. I don't recall any keyboard lag, but there were some small scrolling issues that this solved.
    01-01-2016 10:07 AM
    Clean set up, twice now too just in case. Same problems. Used the OEM provided protector. I might make the trip to the store today. Kind of wish it wasn't clear across town... :P
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-01-2016 11:39 AM
    Hello, my first post here. Just registered because I finally found some discussion of BLU phones here.

I got a Win HD LTE about 2 weeks ago from Amazon (Germany). It's done qute a bit of rebooting over the first days in use. One day I noticed it wasn't on the wifi network although it should have been. When I tested it, it would stubbornly refuse to connect to the 2 known wifi networks in the house, although it displayed the networks and already had the WPA2 key in store. It would always tell me (in German) that connecting was not possible. Restarts or hard resets (including data loss) would not fix it. I thought the wifi was defective, but it connected to 2 other wifi networks later fine, and stuck to it. Maybe one of those countless reboots fixed it. I didn't have any chance yet to retry the first two networks.

What really annoys me atm is that the "Highest connection speed" setting seems to be missing. AFAIK, it should be under "Mobile & SIM" > SIM1/SIM2. At least I've seen some descriptions of Lumias with the setting there. But it isn't there on this phone.

Did BLU remove that setting?

I can't get why they would do that. That would make the phone practically useless for me, as I have a lousy 4G connection (that the phone sticks to) at home, where I would like to force it into 3G, and even both very bad to non-existing 3G+4G connection at work, where I would like to force it into 2G mode. I have done the latter with my phones for years at work, because it is the only way to make them work reasonably as a *phone* there.

If BLU removed the "Highest connection speed" setting, is there any other way to get there?
    Or is there hope to get it back with WP 10?

BTW: The wifi connection on this phone isn't very good, either.
    Last edited by T_in_G; 01-08-2016 at 03:13 AM.
    01-05-2016 05:13 PM
    Not really a bug or defect per se but this looked like the best place to put this observation.

It appears from my experience that this phone has very poor GPS performance for turn-by-turn navigation, people who read this forum know that I've complained about it quite a lot.

So far I've tried three navigation programs - Waze, which is poorly supported and barely works, but is excellent, MapQuest, which I have had good experience with in the past but do not know about W phone support, and Here Drive. It seems like the GPS Tracking is substantially better with Here Drive than any of the other navigation programs.

Also - I don't know where Here gets its information, but I've been running Waze on my work Android phone and Here side-by-side during my commutes and it looks as if Here's traffic information is very good. Better than I expected. No details - like where an accident is or where there is a car on the side of the road or that kind of detail, but information on where traffic is slowed looks to be good.

Are there any other navigation programs that anyone recommends?
    Last edited by Philip Hamm; 01-08-2016 at 09:09 AM.
    01-08-2016 08:31 AM
    ...I don't know where Here gets its information...
    Here is the current successor of a long running range of products and has been gathering mapping data since 1986 as NavTeq.

Currently it is owned by a consortium of Audi, BMW and Daimler. They must have a robust level of satellite access I would imagine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_(company)
    01-08-2016 11:47 AM
    Clean set up, twice now too just in case. Same problems. Used the OEM provided protector. I might make the trip to the store today. Kind of wish it wasn't clear across town... :P
    Well.... The store staff talked me into trying another one.... This one won't even turn on. Just a battery icon with a question mark. I'm done with Blu. 3/3 defective now.
    Philip Hamm likes this.
    01-08-2016 11:24 PM
    Currently it is owned by a consortium of Audi, BMW and Daimler. They must have a robust level of satellite access I would imagine.
    LOL no wonder HERE worked so well when I was in Germany last year. :-) It was perfect, we constantly used it to navigate in the streets of Hamburg.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-19-2016 01:45 PM
    Hi I purchased this phone in October 2015 , the phone is quite good , but the only thing that prevents me fro musing it as a daily driver is the very unstable wifi and very low ringer volume . Also the inability to choose in between network types , i.e. 2g,3g4g .
    01-30-2016 06:14 AM
    Is there some sort of advantage selecting the data speed over letting the phone use the fastest available? I'm just curious what your use case is for choosing 3g or 2g over 4g or LTE?
    Ankush V1 likes this.
    01-30-2016 07:25 AM
    My network provider is on 2g only and hence when no ' select network speed ' option is available then , the phone constantly searches for 4g-->3g-->2g in that order thereby wasting battery . If I could select 2g only , less battery is wasted .
    RumoredNow and Philip Hamm like this.
    01-31-2016 12:55 AM
    Now it makes sense. I just couldn't think of why that would be important. I'm old enough to remember phones that were dual analog and digital. You could always tell when you were on an analog tower, because battery life was cut drastically. Switching to digital only when possible was a way to increase battery life.
    01-31-2016 04:16 PM
    I bought via Amazon.in by end Oct 2015. The battery was fine earlier. Now (Jan/Feb 2016) i'm seeing
    1. It is never getting full charged.
    2. It looses charge very fast.
    3. If the charge is below 15-20%, restart the phone, it will show 80% charge and work after that for over 5 hours without showing any discharge but phone starts misbehaving like not receiving calls etc. After that restarting will show almost negligible charge and keeps restarting.
    4. If the charge is just over 20% and I plug it for charging, in about 5 minutes it will restart automatically.
    5. These days every restart takes quite long time for the phone to be usable.
    6. Speakers... From day one it was bad. Never turn on to speaker mode. It will shout as if the speaker paper is torn inside.

In India how do I get any service. I live in New Delhi.
    02-16-2016 12:32 AM
    I bought via Amazon.in by end Oct 2015. The battery was fine earlier. Now (Jan/Feb 2016) i'm seeing
    1. It is never getting full charged.
    2. It looses charge very fast.
    3. If the charge is below 15-20%, restart the phone, it will show 80% charge and work after that for over 5 hours without showing any discharge but phone starts misbehaving like not receiving calls etc. After that restarting will show almost negligible charge and keeps restarting.
    4. If the charge is just over 20% and I plug it for charging, in about 5 minutes it will restart automatically.
    5. These days every restart takes quite long time for the phone to be usable.
    6. Speakers... From day one it was bad. Never turn on to speaker mode. It will shout as if the speaker paper is torn inside.

In India how do I get any service. I live in New Delhi.
    hey hi there

I am from Mumbai ...I too have the same model which I brought frm amazon
    the indian variant of blu win hd lte does not have a standard charger frm blu....instead amazon has repackaged a local brand "remax" charger which charges at 1amp

I would suggest you to get a decent charger from blu by contacting at their service centers find their helpline number at the link they are promoting heavily ablut their service centers in india....also since blu is new to india just few months old so it takes time to setup after sales service in such a big country...https://twitter.com/bluproducts_ind

I would suggest you to buy another decent charger frm the market which charges at 2amp...it should solve ua problem...trust me I am using my xperia charger it charges at 2amp and since then I have no issues so my advice would be get a new charge

now back to speakers....idk what u talking bout....but the speakers of blu win hd lte are not loud enuf..for indoors its ok...but if u want to use them outdoors forget it....use the headset provided...

if u have some serious problems with the speakers call the blu center maybe u will get ua device replaced since it is under warranty...
    but for charging issues no need to contact blu just get a new charger like I said above..

ps:: follow the link to get details of service centers of blu in india and their helpline number
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-16-2016 12:50 AM
    Hi,
    1. I Hard Reset the phone as you suggested expecting to solve the battery issue. No success. It only took several hours to restore the previous state. I once again did hard reset to make a clean slate installation. Still no success. Again went back to my restore.
    2. About charger. I have 2 AMP charger and no use. Phone discharges more faster than charging so goes into restarting faster.
    3. Speakers. Does not matter indoor or outdoor. The speakers are choppy...worse than 1000Rupees Nokia/Samsung phones. This problem is since I purchased.
    4. I managed to get a call center number for BLU support. He asked me to call 011-42058035. That number is always busy and so never reachable. They don't have any service center in Connaught place, New Delhi. I cannot go out of office to get it serviced. I would rather buy another better phone (Not BLU) online than servicing it.

RV
    02-18-2016 01:01 AM
    Hi,
    1. I Hard Reset the phone as you suggested expecting to solve the battery issue. No success. It only took several hours to restore the previous state. I once again did hard reset to make a clean slate installation. Still no success. Again went back to my restore.
    2. About charger. I have 2 AMP charger and no use. Phone discharges more faster than charging so goes into restarting faster.
    3. Speakers. Does not matter indoor or outdoor. The speakers are choppy...worse than 1000Rupees Nokia/Samsung phones. This problem is since I purchased.
    4. I managed to get a call center number for BLU support. He asked me to call 011-42058035. That number is always busy and so never reachable. They don't have any service center in Connaught place, New Delhi. I cannot go out of office to get it serviced. I would rather buy another better phone (Not BLU) online than servicing it.

RV
    this is so bizarre ....u could have googled the service centers.......I even gave ua link.....y u being so impatient? before purchasing the phone dint u knew that blu is a new brand in india?? obviously it will take time for them to set up service centers in such a big country....

anyways here is a complete list of all the service centers available for blu win hd lte and blu win jr lte in india....MIND YOU THIS IS AN OLD LIST NOW THE TOTAL SERVICE CENTERS HAVE CROSSED 100 FOR DETAILED INFO CONTACT BLU INDIA TWITTER HANDLE...
    Snapdeal Promotions

nw since ua in Connaught place the nearest center for u is in Nehru place which is some 12.5 kms away...I guess it will take juzt 30-40 min if u drive there on ua own and yes it also depends on ua vehicle number (even odd rule haha)...and if you go by metro it will just take you 31 min ....uas is just a minor problem....u will either get it replaced or they might repair it free of charge....

also if you tweet blu india about ua problem they will call you back....anyways....not that I have given u the list of service centers so no need to worry
    ....MIND YOU THIS IS AN OLD LIST NOW THE TOTAL SERVICE CENTERS HAVE CROSSED 100 OR DETAILED INFO CONTACT BLU INDIA TWITTER HANDLE...
    02-18-2016 03:18 AM
    Thanks for sharing the same info pj1011. I cannot go to Nehru place during office time and would not take half a day leave for that too. I work 6 days a week and so impossible to service the phone. For similar situations MI phone company has option to courier the mobile for service which BLU does not want to do.
    You have mentioned two times that I'm impatient. I've been enough patient from Oct 2015. If there is no way to service I would have to throw this phone and move ahead and it will leave a permanent scar in memory never to buy BLU devices no matter how much they improve in future.
    I believe in service industry a company must have service timings were working class people can reach them. If they work 10AM-5PM, 5 days a week it is not service industry. They should take leave on a Tuesday/Wednesday and work during Saturday/Sunday.

But the patience is not worth anymore and Windows 10 too has not come, I'm moving ahead leaving BLU products away. Thanks.
    02-22-2016 07:14 AM
    Regarding the "touch issue" that is often remarked about the BLU Win HD LTE, there is a a serious problem:

I downloaded the hardware test app to test the multi touch ability of the screen.
    Looks like no one till date has checked it this way.

1. Single touch instance - the phone fails to detect single finger touch 5-10% of the times
    2. Dual touch instance - the phone fails to detect two finger touch 50% of the times. The only way to improvise is by touching one finger first and THEN touching the second finger.
    3. Triple touch instance - the phone detects only one finger, if you start moving your hand then it detects the rest of the two fingers. As above, the way to improvise upon this situation is to touch each finger sequentially.

So it this hardware problem or firmware?
    Hardware appears to be OK, otherwise the phone wouldn't be detecting even single finger instance.

I wonder if other folks are also facing the same issue?
    02-29-2016 02:08 AM
    Update.
    I went to HCL Touch in Gurgaon. They tested and found battery is draining too fast and did a hard reset. We waited for about 30 minutes and there was no improvement. Last Saturday (27-Feb-2016) they took it to replace and said new device will be given in a week. I hope they would replace. However, there is no slim chance of Windows 10 release from MS and No slim chance of Insider preview support by BLU. Kinda finding a way to move to iPhone platform and not to look back. Using Windows phone starting iMate Pocket PC in 2004 till date was long enough without being supported by platform owner to what it deserves was too much loyalty and too much patience even after writing apps for the platform. But we have to go on with platform that supports us. Thanks.
    03-01-2016 05:42 AM
    I've noticed the same thing on my X150Q. It has done this in a fully updated Win8.1 installation, and various versions of Win10, so unfortunately either MS is not aware of the issue or hasn't bothered a fix. I don't see it being a hardware issue because like you I've noticed a visual indicator that the letter was tapped, along with the audio feedback, but somehow letters don't make it to the text input window. Very strange.... The poor camera, lack of double tap to wake, lack of camera button, poor loudspeaker output I can live with, but a keyboard that doesn't work properly is too much... Too bad, on paper and in hand the phone has a lot going for it.
    04-15-2016 11:37 AM
    My phone does two things. Phone will shut off for no reason. Also when charging, battery icon showing charge will show a charge then a few minutes later the icon is empty, like there is no charge. Restart and the charge is there. Have tried a hard restart, did not solve. Had the phone for about year or two. Just started doing this.
    10-06-2016 09:31 AM
    I reset my BLU Win HD LTE and put it on craigslist. I started getting what I assume is the battery issue a couple weeks ago, and last weekend the GPS stopped working at a time when I needed it. I'm back to my T-Mobile Lumia 635 running Windows 8.1 Cyan and am much happier. Here's a list of my complaints with the BLU:

* Poor GPS performance, and occasionally GPS would stop working altogether.
    * Extremely poor camera - pictures are poor, video non-stop re-focuses making it worthless.
    * Screen was starting to mark up around the edges. Has this happened to anyone else?
    img_3927.jpg
    * Battery issue
    * No SensorCore
    * Micro-USB hookup seemed flaky. Worked fine in my chargers at home, but two different chargers in my car wouldn't work with it.
    * Windows 10 groove music - poor app compared to the old XBox music for my needs. "Random" play would play a very narrow playlist - I would hear the same song sometimes two days in a row, and I have 20+G of music on my phone - there's something definitely wrong with the randomizer.
    * Windows 10 navigation - not as nice as the Here app.

* Poor performance compared to the Lumia 635
    >* Lumia screen, while smaller and not as high resolution, looks MUCH better than the BLU screen. Gorrilla Glass 3 versus whatever BLU used plus a screen cover.
    >* Speaker for notifications, speaker phone, etc. as well as the speaker for hand-held calls is better on the Lumia.
    >* Bluetooth implementation in my car is much more effective - on the Lumia it may be because of.....
    >* Microphone for the video part is much better sounding on the Lumia.
    >* Specific to me being on T-Mobile - The Lumia, being a T-Mobile branded phone instead of an unlocked phone, has Wi-Fi calling, which is a great feature.
    >* Substantially better camera on the Lumia! Though it is only 5 MP without a flash, pictures are very good quality, and video is as well.

Just overall the Lumia 635, even though it's an older budget phone, has a more substantial, higher quality tactile experience compared to the BLU.

I will miss the large screen and Windows 10 mobile features. I will also miss the dual-SIM setup, so I'll have to carry my work phone around sometimes in off hours. (But running dual-SIM in the BLU had all kinds of little annoyances that I won't miss - most likely not related to the BLU specifically.).
    10-10-2016 02:29 PM
    A sequel to the previously announced BLU Win HD, the seemingly faster and slick-designed BLU Win HD LTE has just been announced. Have you recently bought one yourself? Have you felt that something was not right with it or wasn't working well? Some hiccups or snags? If "yes", then fire off below and let us know what you've found.

[TIP]Here are some useful information:

Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to check your phone up - head over to this Microsoft FAQ page for more info.

Make sure to check the official Windows Phone 8 How-to Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]

[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. This can be done by going to your phone Settings > about > tap on reset your phone. You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The Windows Phone Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]

Remember to describe the bugs and defects you find as detailed as you can: let us know your phone model and then what happened leading to the bug or how you found the defect. This way, our members would be able to help you quickly and accurately.
    My phone doesn't turn on any more. I tried the hard reset (the keys method) but after the exclamation mark, I press volume up, volume down, power button, volume down like I read but it vibrates again and doesnt start to reset. How can I do the recovery tool?
    Thanks for you help.
    06-17-2018 07:31 AM
    My phone doesn't turn on any more. I tried the hard reset (the keys method) but after the exclamation mark, I press volume up, volume down, power button, volume down like I read but it vibrates again and doesnt start to reset. How can I do the recovery tool?
    Thanks for you help.
    Have you downloaded the Windows Phone Recovery Tool?

You may find the tool and relevant instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/...overy-tool-faq
    09-14-2018 02:27 AM
48 12