ATT question

boothes18

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a friend who is on ATT. Do you have to have a data plan to use a Lumia 520? She is interested in switching from an ANCIENT Nokia to a better phone, but don't want to pay any additional fees than what she has now. She would use talk/text but not data. She could use WIFI for any data she would need.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
From AT&T's legal terms: 6.3 What Are The Voice And Data Plan Requirements?
A voice plan is required on all voice-capable Devices, unless specifically noted otherwise in the terms governing your plan.
An eligible tiered pricing data plan is required for certain Devices, including iPhones and other designated Smartphones. Eligible voice and tiered pricing data plans cover voice and data usage in the U.S. and do not cover International voice and data usage and charges. If it is determined that you are using a voice-capable Device without a voice plan, or that you are using an iPhone or designated Smartphone without an eligible voice and tiered data plan, AT&T reserves the right to switch you to the required plan or plans and bill you the appropriate monthly fees. In the case of the tiered data plan, you will be placed on the data plan which provides you with the greatest monthly data usage allowance. If you determine that you do not require that much data usage in a month, you may request a lower data tier at a lower monthly recurring fee.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who is on ATT. Do you have to have a data plan to use a Lumia 520? She is interested in switching from an ANCIENT Nokia to a better phone, but don't want to pay any additional fees than what she has now. She would use talk/text but not data. She could use WIFI for any data she would need.

Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, GoPhone Plans, & Prepaid Smartphone plans from AT&T

There's a $50 option that might intrigue her. There's also a 250 minutes option if she doesn't talk a lot.

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Go with Straight talk using ATT chip. 51.something a month. Unlimited everything. that's what I use for my 920. I just outright buy the device and roll with prepay. none of this outrageously retarded prices

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon