No Bluetooth 4.0

jfivieght

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I own a 925 which has no low energy Bluetooth. Does anyone else have the Band and use only the Windows Store App for Windows 8 to get their data? Is that even possible? I just want to be able to view the data on my Surface.

I pulled a similar trick on the Withings body analyzer that only syncs with iPhone or Android. I logged in using a friend's iPhone and only use the website to view the data collected.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
All Lumias have access to Bluetooth 4.0 (or low energy), it was upgraded in the Cyan firmware update... Make sure you've got Cyan in the info+extras.

As for the Band, can't help on that one as I use a Fitbit.

G.

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a 925 and with the Cyan firmware it does have BT 4.0 LE. Currently there is no dashboard of sorts to see the data other than on the phone app. The desktop app in it's current state is just to upload data from your band to the cloud.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Here is the Windows 8/8.1 app. However, it runs in desktop mode and you need to connect with USB for it to work. I paired my SP3 with my Band and it didn't do anything.

Download Microsoft Band Sync app for Windows from Official Microsoft Download Center

As far as the phone. I have an Icon running WP8.1.1 DP with Black firmware. The Icon hasn't gotten Cyan (Denim should be coming out soon for us), so I don't have Bluetooth 4.0 enabled yet. Everything is working fine for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes