Another experiment....this time on the battery life issue

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
On my latest replacement (And issues or no, I'm keeping this one! Finally got the new strap!) I found myself staring the infamous battery issue on the face. I have gotten around 13-20 hours typically, depending on use and how much of that time I was spending asleep. (Sleep mode doesn't seem to use much.)

Now, I've run into issues in the past where a device of various kinds would have a battery calibration issue. That is.... it would not display the correct amount of battery percentage. The usual answer to this issue is to charge the device while it is off. Not exactly an option with the band 2.

What I *did* do was start experimenting with soft resetting the device at various battery levels. At 100%, I'd see it reset to 97 or something. One day I ran it entirely down, and reset it, and then it showed me at 56%, when I'd just been at nothing the moment before.

I don't know if anyone else having battery issues wants to play around here, but I figured since I discovered this I may as well start a thread.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine got replaced last month and I'm in the same boat as you, band definitely feels way less in terms of battery but at almost the same time, I got my 950xl replaced and I jumped onto redstone fast insider. I never went back to threshold.

I know that in the past I was able to go like 1.25 or 1.5 days... Now it feels like I better charge it everytime before bed or something. When the band hits red, it seems to die out faster too.

When you say soft reset, you mean just by holding the power down? Or menu option power off?

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had really short battery life on my last band 2 (warranty replacement for strap split), after a couple of weeks of trying various software things without change I raised another warranty call - immediate approval for swap and had new one in 3 days. This one (touch wood) seems to have both a thicker strap and is back to having 36 hour plus battery life.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, after that experiment, I seem to have gotten a few more hours out of it. This time when soft resetting it at a very low level again, I didn't see any amazing increases in battery. If it happens again I'm going to try running it down instead of charging it.

I had really short battery life on my last band 2 (warranty replacement for strap split), after a couple of weeks of trying various software things without change I raised another warranty call - immediate approval for swap and had new one in 3 days. This one (touch wood) seems to have both a thicker strap and is back to having 36 hour plus battery life.

I wouldn't say the strap is thicker. Mainly harder in certain areas, like there's some sort of frame built into it.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It was around 10-11 hours with no gps use, couldn't use sleep mode through the night or it would be dead in the morning. After having it warranty replaced with same setup am over 30 hours.

lstar337

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Had an interesting effect RE battery life yesterday. Band showed around half of the indicator full when I sat in bed to read (this is when I charge my band daily), and when I finished reading it said 66% so I took it off charge and activated the sleep tile. When I woke the next morning I took my band off and put it back on charge (as it was so low the previous night), and it said 78%. So it gained 12% overnight while it was tracking my sleep.

I haven't noticed my band rapidly dropping battery though, but then I haven't had it very long overall.

I do not have a newer 'thick strap' type. My serial number confirms it is original design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes