Issues with the Invoke

JaxVegas

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone. I seem to be having some issues with my Invoke:

1. I noticed that when playing music form iHeartRadio, it stops playing after so many songs ( I haven't counted, but my guess is around 15 songs). I'm not sure if this is a default behavior of the iHeartRadio app or a setting within Cortana. I was thinking it would continuously play music until I tell it to stop. My internet connection is solid when this happens. The only thing I haven't tried is continuous playback with TuneIn (I don't have Spotify Premium)

2. Starting yesterday, I noticed that when I asked Cortana to play music (say, Jazz), it would respond by saying (in effect) 'Alright, play Jazz music from iHeartRadio...'. However, no music would be playing. When I go to check the notebook, the station is shown but the music is paused (nothing happens when I press the Pause button in an attempt to resume playback). I even tried changing the default music service to TuneIn to no avail. Again, internet connection is solid. The only way I can resolve this is to unplug/replug the device (which I've done 3 times already; I'm not really comfortable doing this as I fear it may damage the device).

Has anyone else experience anything similar to this? Any help/suggestion is appreciated. Thanks and have a good day!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I seem to be having some issues with my Invoke:

1. I noticed that when playing music form iHeartRadio, it stops playing after so many songs ( I haven't counted, but my guess is around 15 songs). I'm not sure if this is a default behavior of the iHeartRadio app or a setting within Cortana. I was thinking it would continuously play music until I tell it to stop. My internet connection is solid when this happens. The only thing I haven't tried is continuous playback with TuneIn (I don't have Spotify Premium)

2. Starting yesterday, I noticed that when I asked Cortana to play music (say, Jazz), it would respond by saying (in effect) 'Alright, play Jazz music from iHeartRadio...'. However, no music would be playing. When I go to check the notebook, the station is shown but the music is paused (nothing happens when I press the Pause button in an attempt to resume playback). I even tried changing the default music service to TuneIn to no avail. Again, internet connection is solid. The only way I can resolve this is to unplug/replug the device (which I've done 3 times already; I'm not really comfortable doing this as I fear it may damage the device).

Has anyone else experience anything similar to this? Any help/suggestion is appreciated. Thanks and have a good day!
Sorry to hear that you're having issues.
I've never used iHeartRadio. Is it a subscription based service or can you listen for free? I pay for the Spotify service, and have not had a single issue with connectivity. Immediately when your issue happens, have you tried asking Cortana a question to see if the Invoke is indeed connected to the internet? Have you thought about resetting the device and starting over with it?

Doug Berrett

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you're having issues.
I've never used iHeartRadio. Is it a subscription based service or can you listen for free? I pay for the Spotify service, and have not had a single issue with connectivity. Immediately when your issue happens, have you tried asking Cortana a question to see if the Invoke is indeed connected to the internet? Have you thought about resetting the device and starting over with it?

I'm seeing the same thing as the OP, but with Spotify...Try to play something and Cortana will say "OK, Playing xxx on Spotify", then nothingness.
I can immediately ask her to play something else, or ask her a question and she responds just fine - so the network is working fine.
And a Spotify request a bit later may work just fine - or may not. Would love to find a way to get some logs or something.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed the 15song thing but I have noticed it stopped for some reason. Never gave it much thought.

Mostly I use Tunein but I know it chooses iheartradio sometimes.

I do get the OK I'll get right on it and then nothing happens once a while too.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@Daniel Rubino seems to have an inside beta track for the invoke, wonder if he knows of anything. I bought an invoke with the mindset they would add more features for the next little bit...

The only thing I would like right now is multi account ability :D

JaxVegas

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi there Scienceguy,

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry for the late reply. Yes, you can listen free with iHeartRadio, but it also has paid subscription. Anyhow, I tried TuneIn and also noticed that it would stop playing after so many songs although this didn't happen as often as with iHeartRadio. Again, my internet connection is very stable when this occurs as Cortana gives trivia and answers my questions.

I just attribute this to quirkiness of the apps themselves rather than Cortana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon