09-10-2014 08:37 PM
31 12
tools
    Just as an FYI for everyone, you don't set the location in Here maps, you need to use Bing Maps. (which I think you need an app to re-enable).
    +1 to that. Took me a while to figure that out. Cortana picks up the favorites in the Maps app, no the Here Maps app. Now on the Dev Preview 'Maps' seems to be on my device so nothing new to add.
    04-16-2014 11:10 AM
    I'm in Canada, and it worked really good the first time I tried it. Set a reminder for when I got home. I parked my car, walked in the door, took off my coat, and bam, got the reminder. So I set another one to remind me to grab my headphones when I left for work in the morning. I left the house and drove about 5 miles before the reminder popped up. I was already half way to work.
    That kinda makes sense though. The reminder is not going to fire until you are out of the range of 'Home' so it knows you've actually left that location.
    04-16-2014 11:12 AM
    +1 to that. Took me a while to figure that out. Cortana picks up the favorites in the Maps app, no the Here Maps app. Now on the Dev Preview 'Maps' seems to be on my device so nothing new to add.
    I hope Lumia Cyan has Cortana associated with HERE maps instead of Bing maps. There's scarcely any detail on bing maps for my part of the world, so asking Cortana for the closest fast food or restaurant yields web searches.
    04-16-2014 11:31 AM
    After clearing out all the temporary files and doing a soft reset, the geofencing works. That said, I also used either "where am I" address or long/lat for locations, because the "addresses" in the map were not close enough to the actual physical location. It did work though.
    04-16-2014 12:00 PM
    On the way from walking back to work from a nearby Panera, I told Cortana to "Tell me a joke when I get to work." (My work was already an established favorite place.) She seemed to understand, and saved the reminder. I'm now back at my desk, and so far, nothing has happened. I did another reminder yesterday for when I got home, and that time it did work, so I dunno.

edit:
    Q: "What are my reminders?"
    A: Bing search for that phrase.

I know it's beta, but c'mon.
    04-16-2014 12:08 PM
    I need test but I found in the bottom of settings -> location has info about geofences and Cortana use this for aware of entering and leaving places, when I see it today it's saying not tracking, after disabled and enabled it come back to work again... I set a place reminder for tomorrow too see if backs to work
    09-10-2014 08:37 PM
31 12