Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Alright...reporting back.

Went back to 8.0 through the Nokia Software Recovery Tool > updated to 8.1...just got done and viola! Cortana is updated!

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia Icon, on Verizon in Wisconsin. Haven't gotten the full Cortana update yet.

This morning I rolled back to WP8 using the Nokia Recovery Software. I did not restore from backup, then installed WP8.1 again. Installed all updates.... Still haven't gotten full Cortana update. I see some of the new animations but don't see the lines between cards.

I did all this to try and improve issues with my phone randomly rebooting but was hoping I might luck out and get the Cortana updates as well. Oh well... Back to patiently waiting!

Anudeep Reddy

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia Icon, on Verizon in Wisconsin. Haven't gotten the full Cortana update yet.

This morning I rolled back to WP8 using the Nokia Recovery Software. I did not restore from backup, then installed WP8.1 again. Installed all updates.... Still haven't gotten full Cortana update. I see some of the new animations but don't see the lines between cards.

I did all this to try and improve issues with my phone randomly rebooting but was hoping I might luck out and get the Cortana updates as well. Oh well... Back to patiently waiting!

I haven't done a hard reset yet. But just now I noticed 'eat+drink' and lines between the cards. Asked her to say my name and the lines disappeared.

Edit: The lines keep appearing and disappearing.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Please guys STOP doing any roll back, hard reseting or things like that to get the cortana update. This is totally useless because the update is server side. No code is changed on you phone. If anyone says that he got the update after doing such things this was only luck in my opinion because the maybe got luckily to another server with their next cortana request.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Please guys STOP doing any roll back, hard reseting or things like that to get the cortana update. This is totally useless because the update is server side. No code is changed on you phone. If anyone says that he got the update after doing such things this was only luck in my opinion because the maybe got luckily to another server with their next cortana request.

Not sure about that....even though it is server side, it's possible that a Cortana reset from the hard reset actually may have caused the update to kick in from another server? Or a "HUGE" coincidence?

Either way....I have the update now....on all my phones that I reset. (see below)

Just did a hard reset on my 1020 and other 1520...both did not have the new update before...afterwards they did? My old 920 is going to be a guinea pig to see how long it'll take before I see the update w/o resetting...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So Cortana speaking your name when asking her "What's my name?" indicates the user has the latest Cortana backend update? If that's the case, I'm definitely having it on my 1020.

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I just received the update by doing this:

1. Uninstall Bing finance
2. Wait a couple of minutes
3. Install it back and open the app
4. Do some changes on your finance watch list
5. Cortana should shows all the watch list you set
6. After a couple of minutes I got full the update!

Here's another thing I just found out.

Finance isn't the only app that directly connected to Cortana (watch list), but sports as well! All my football teams are now shown on Cortana as well without doing something. Not sure does this apply to Travel and Food&Drinks.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
daqarequ.png
abepagaq.png

Mine updated some hours ago!!!
Sent from my RM-885_eu_france_266 using Tapatalk

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I just received the update by doing this:

1. Uninstall Bing finance
2. Wait a couple of minutes
3. Install it back and open the app
4. Do some changes on your finance watch list
5. Cortana should shows all the watch list you set
6. After a couple of minutes I got full the update!

Here's another thing I just found out.

Finance isn't the only app that directly connected to Cortana (watch list), but sports as well! All my football teams are now shown on Cortana as well without doing something. Not sure does this apply to Travel and Food&Drinks.

Thank you so much! Installed Bing finance and got the full Cortana update within a minute... Uninstalled finance and I'm good to go.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon