Power button on Venue occasionally refuses to turn screen on/must hold for 10 seconds to shut down

Robjohn37

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I am new to the forum and signed up just to make this topic since it seems to be only my problem.

I started having this problem after 15 days of owning the tablet. Not sure if it's the screen or because it's truly frozen whenever it happens.
It's not a "glowing" black screen. Just a screen that doesn't look like it's on.

Robjohn37

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I have the WiFi turned off when it happens. Other times it might just be on Airplane mode. Something like this shouldn't be affected by whether or not it can connect to the internet, really.

I'll see what happens when I only use Airplane mode.

Robjohn37

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Happened again! I had it on airplane mode. Waited in line for something so I had the screen off for about 7 minutes. Tried to turn it on and the same thing happened.

srinath prathi

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having this problem whenever I have limited WiFi . My Tabb doesn't have proper WiFi card that's why it is unable to connect to few of the (a/b/g/n) bands. Whenever it is connected to WiFi (a band using which it can connect properly) the screen freeze issue never happens. I contacted dell support they gonna replace my WiFi card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon