Is it just me? Or is this a feature?

wodin

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
The bottom of the Start Menu doesn't show up on the REDFLY. You know, the part that says Programs, Settings, Help.

I know those things work because I can get to them from the icons at the top of the Start Menu, but if I havent run them recently they won't show up there.

Hard to experiment with themes if you can't get the settings screen!

RC46

Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
I can see the programs and settings options on the bottom of my start menu? So I dont think this is a feature.

wodin

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hmmmm, I wonder if it's an issue with the HTC Today plugin? I'll have to experiment.

I really like the HTC Plugin/ If that's the problem, I'll need to think about which I'd rather have.

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
That's the original version of TouchFLO, right? I'm not overly familiar with the Sprint version of this phone, but go into Settings > TouchFLO and see if there's a way to turn off just the customized Start menu. I don't know if there is, but it's included in the later version.

Just something to try...
-

wodin

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
That's the original version of TouchFLO, right? I'm not overly familiar with the Sprint version of this phone, but go into Settings > TouchFLO and see if there's a way to turn off just the customized Start menu. I don't know if there is, but it's included in the later version.

Just something to try...
-

Thanks EdFrmBrighthand,

Yes. They call it touchFlo 2.0. I don't know what touchflo 1.0 was, or if there was even ever such a thing.

I went into the "Today" icon in setting, and un-checked "HTC Home" (HTC's launcher app which shows up as a today screen item) but no joy in Mudville. Still don't get the full Start Menu.

You can't turn off TouchFlo, or even uninstall it for that matter. I guess the only way to get rid of it is to hard reset and interrupt the loading of the customizations. Don't want to do that, as I really like HTC Home and TouchFlo when the phone is not connected to the REDFLY, which is most of the time.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2