Just got my Redfly from the WM Store

jc1125

Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,
I just got my Redfly. I'm pairing it with my XV6800 running WM 6.1.

It is working as I expected, but I was really disappointed that Skyfire wasn't compatible with my Redfly. I am trying to get the nytimes.com page rendered fully. I downloaded opera mobile, and it automatically takes me to the mobile version (very annoying).

Also, is it correct that SPH Shell doesn't render on the Redfly?

I'll write a little more after I've spent a little more time with it.

Cheers.

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
SPB Mobile shell causes problems beyond rendering incorrectly. Opera mini does well on it. I do my daily tech info and news on rss through mini and enjoy it.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
u can adjust opera mobile so that it tells the server its a desktop pc instead of a phone, that way you get the full version everytime

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
I have to agree that Opera MINI behaves well with the combination of Mogul and Redfly. Yes, Opera Mobile is a better browser, but the Mogul doesnt have the ram to run the RF and mobile without memory warnings IMHO.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
haha, i have a moto q9c and my memory is almost all used when i run opera mobile on it and am connected to a redfly...something about filling that nice big screen...

GadgetMan#WP

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
As I understand it, the SPB application has some directdraw problems when connected to the Redfly device. I have not seen any reports if this has been fixed yet.
When I had my Tilt, I used the Skyfire application with the Redfly and it worked fine. Perhaps it is phone specific.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon