Issue with Bluetooth Authorization on newer roms

diazlaz

Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

I've installed a newer ROM on the ATT Tilt, and it seems using the latest beta driver, i'm having an issue with bluetooth and authorizing:

Bluetooth must be enabled on the phone to authorize.

This could be related to a newer version or implementation of the new rom. Question, any way of working around this?

e.g. anything can be done with the registry to force the authorization?

Otherwise the USB connection works fine.

Thanks in advance!
Laz.

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my titan. I am running the latest nuerom and the latest beta firmware/drivers (.72) on the Redfly.

I have attempted to export the registry key that contains the ID of my phone from a working setup (I flashed to an older rom, setup the redfly with bluetooth).

Once I was back into my new rom I imported the key and was able to connect via bluetooth but it asked me to type in a code displayed on the Redfly onto my PPC. I did and it worked fine. (This code didnt seem to be a normal bluetooth PIN but rather something from the Redfly.)

However, the next time I went to connect via bluetooth it said, bluetooth must be on to authorize.

I have been tearing my hair out for three days trying to fix this. Uggh.

I was hoping I could install an older version of the bluetooth drivers but I havent been able to find a cab file with the older bluetooth.

Hopefully someone can find a fix for this annoying issue.

diazlaz

Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my titan. I am running the latest nuerom and the latest beta firmware/drivers (.72) on the Redfly.

I have attempted to export the registry key that contains the ID of my phone from a working setup (I flashed to an older rom, setup the redfly with bluetooth).

Once I was back into my new rom I imported the key and was able to connect via bluetooth but it asked me to type in a code displayed on the Redfly onto my PPC. I did and it worked fine. (This code didnt seem to be a normal bluetooth PIN but rather something from the Redfly.)

However, the next time I went to connect via bluetooth it said, bluetooth must be on to authorize.

I have been tearing my hair out for three days trying to fix this. Uggh.

I was hoping I could install an older version of the bluetooth drivers but I havent been able to find a cab file with the older bluetooth.

Hopefully someone can find a fix for this annoying issue.

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of a similar approach. Hopefully we will get a resolution to this issue in a future driver update.

stanip

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
Sigh... more people are having this problem....

New TP roms have BT compatibility issues with Redfly
I have tried out various new TP roms (Romeos, D_G, PRoven...etc) with latest driver/updates. They are all faster roms than earlier versions but unfortunately, at this moment, I haven't found one which can connect with RF on bluetooth... Suspect that the new bluetooth driver has some compatibility issues with Redfly.

I tried copy back the old BT dll files to the new roms but no luck.
Wonder if other forumers have solutions to this. Else, we'll need to wait for RF to come up with newer drivers before we can enjoy the better/faster customized TP roms.

One version old Romeos 1.6 confirmed working.

Finagle

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
I ran into the same issue with the latest ROM based on the PPCGeeks kitchen. I did not, however, have any Bluetooth issues with nueROM, although that caused me some weird dialler issues (unit would lock up on incoming phone call).

I ultimately have settled on DCD 3.2.6, which seems to work flawlessly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes