HTC Touch HD -- Still No Joy

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
The Touch HD has appeared on the list of devices supported by the beta, but I don't recommend that anyone who has this device install it.

It's true, the latest beta provides basic support for this smartphone, but nothing seems to have changed from earlier versions. This means that there are still plenty of problems.

The most notable of these is that using this app will remove the extra-large, finger-friendly font in dialog boxes, and the only way to get this back is to hard reset the Touch HD to its factory default then reinstall everything on the device.

In addition, LogMeIn still ignores the SPACE bar, making typing a waste of time when using this app.

A smaller problem is the enlarged, finger-friendly Start Menu that's part of TouchFLO looks like a mess. It works fine, though.

I'd really like to use my Redfly with my Touch HD, and I still do for some things, but there are enough drawbacks that it's more hassle than it should be.

-Ed
-

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Interesting. According to the changelog they fixed the menu font resizing issue for Touch Pro and Diamond (assuming I'm reading #4 correctly in their list); too bad it doesn't seem to work on your HD.

FYI there's something called Sashimi that helps you recover applications and settings after a hard reset. I haven't used it myself but I've seen a lot of good things written about it on another forum. It might come in handy if you're doing a lot of hard-resetting as a result of software testing.

If I go back to WM6.1 anytime soon I'll give the 174 beta driver a try on my Touch Pro.

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
Interesting. According to the changelog they fixed the menu font resizing issue for Touch Pro and Diamond (assuming I'm reading #4 correctly in their list); too bad it doesn't seem to work on your HD.
This was surprising to me, too. Celio seems aware of the problem, but added the Touch HD to the list of supported devices without fixing it on this model.

-

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
I finally installed the latest beta driver (from June) on my Touch HD, and this solved one of my major problems: LogMeIn now realizes when I hit the Space bar on the Redfly. As I depend heavily on LogMeIn when I'm traveling, this is a major improvement for me.

I haven't had a chance to check if it fixes the problem with the font size in drop-down menus mentioned in my OP, because I'll have to reformat the Touch HD to start from scratch, and I haven't had time for that lately.
-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon