Dvorak layout via keyboard mapper, will it work on Redfly?

tony

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I've searched the forums but don't see the topic. I have an HTC Touch Diamond which I use with an external bluetooth keyboard. I've loaded a keyboard mapper from http://ae.inc.ru/aekmap.php and use a Dvorak layout to type when I'm using the external keyboard. On the phone itself, I thumb-type using the Qwerty layout.

The Redfly is exactly what I'm looking for and is my first choice over a netbook. However, I'm wondering what the Redfly driver does to keyboard strokes sent back to the cell phone. With the keyboard mapper, I press "j" on the external keyboard and the letter "h" appears on the phone's screen. It would be ideal if when I push "j" on the Redfly keyboard, an "h" appears on the Redfly screen.

The Redfly is only available in Canada by mail order from the US so I don't have an opportunity to test it without a commitment.

I wonder if anyone has tested the interaction of Redfly with a keyboard mapper on a WM phone? If anyone is interested, the format file for the Dvorak layout is the 7th downloadable file at http://ae.inc.ru/aekmaplayout.php. AE Keymapper also has other mappers to re-map your WM keyboard for various languages and functions (e.g., calculator without fn key).

thanks,
-Tony
PS. I'm in Vancouver, BC if anyone as a Redfly here. I'll meet and buy you a coffee at Artigiano.

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
It works

Tony,
I have just downloaded your linked files and tested this on a Bell South Diamond and the keyboard layout has changed to the dvorak layout when connected to the REDFLY.

Thanks,
Matt

Test Engineer
Celio Corp. | REDFLY

tony

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi Matt,
That's great. Thanks for testing. I think other Dvorak layout typists will find the Redfly a viable option for touch typing on a windows mobile device.

thanks,
-Tony

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes