[Beta] EmiPSX - Sony PlayStation (PSone) emulator

EdSherriff

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Add a tutorial please it is really confusing. I download roms and some bios thing pops up

Sounds like it's asking for a copy of a PS1 BIOS. This cannot be distributed as part of the emulator as it is intellectual property of Sony, this is a common requirement for all Playstation emulators regardless of platform.

Last edited:

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it's asking for a copy of a PS1 BIOS. This cannot be distributed as part of the emulator as it is intellectual property of Sony, this is a common requirement for all Playstation emulators regardless of platform. I would have hoped people asking to beta test an emulator be familiar with their general operation in the first place.

You need to obtain a copy of the BIOS file and load it onto the phone through SkyDrive. The only legal means of obtaining the BIOS is by dumping it from your Playstation console.

The Beta I`m currently testing has no options for BIOS so I think it`s included (and will not when app come to marketplace).

tardismatrix22, just put your ROM into SkyDrive or email attachment from the computer then download it from IE or any other app that can download and then open iso & bin image files with EmiPSX. For the first time image opening, allow it up to 10 minutes to load. If you still see blue/black screen, copying file dialog or the not responding controls with 0 on the FPS meter, your game hangs... As tens of games marked hanging before.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Getting progress with Vagrant Story hang! Looks like some of our hangs not lasts forever. Just loaded my state in wyvern room, game hangs... I maked screen never getting black or blocked and after 15-20 minutes of tapping game unhangs and dragon attacked me! Beated him and now finally saved my actual progress on "memory card" for the first time since Andre fixed it. Here is some pics:
wp_ss_20130821_0001.png
wp_ss_20130821_0002.png
My opinion about that hang - something wrong was with the loading wyvern animation, but I can`t be 100% sure about that.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Add a tutorial please it is really confusing. I download roms and some bios thing pops up
?????? what you mean bios thing?

Sounds like it's asking for a copy of a PS1 BIOS. This cannot be distributed as part of the emulator as it is intellectual property of Sony, this is a common requirement for all Playstation emulators regardless of platform.

The Beta I`m currently testing has no options for BIOS so I think it`s included (and will not when app come to marketplace).

tardismatrix22, just put your ROM into SkyDrive or email attachment from the computer then download it from IE or any other app that can download and then open iso & bin image files with EmiPSX. For the first time image opening, allow it up to 10 minutes to load. If you still see blue/black screen, copying file dialog or the not responding controls with 0 on the FPS meter, your game hangs... As tens of games marked hanging before.

EmiPSX uses bios emulation, I still need to add supportfor real BIOS to increase compatibility but you have to get your own, I cant distribute it.

Getting progress with Vagrant Story hang! Looks like some of our hangs not lasts forever. Just loaded my state in wyvern room, game hangs... I maked screen never getting black or blocked and after 15-20 minutes of tapping game unhangs and dragon attacked me! Beated him and now finally saved my actual progress on "memory card" for the first time since Andre fixed it. Here is some pics:
View attachment 40768
View attachment 40769
My opinion about that hang - something wrong was with the loading wyvern animation, but I can`t be 100% sure about that.

Really good news you could pass the hang, I still have to debug the core to fix these cases, for now I'm working on increase speed and finish the app - compatibility will be on future.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing a very strange bug lately, so normally you know you download the game and "load state" to get back to where you were, well basically anytime I "load state" the app freezes... Yes it's very strange I tried it on multiple games so I know it's not just with one particular game

Anyone experience the same bug? Right now it's keeping me from finishing rayman 2 or starting anything else really

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing a very strange bug lately, so normally you know you download the game and "load state" to get back to where you were, well basically anytime I "load state" the app freezes... Yes it's very strange I tried it on multiple games so I know it's not just with one particular game

Anyone experience the same bug? Right now it's keeping me from finishing rayman 2 or starting anything else really

Yes... Getting same from now. Sometimes it loads correct, sometimes it hangs. The only stable way to save is magic rings and containers for now (Vagrant Story).

gollum18

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm honestly quite surprised to see that Microsoft allows emulators on their store. You have to legally own a physical copy of the games that you have on your phone for the emulator. If you don't, it can be upward to an 80,000$ fine for game.

Not trying to be derogatory to the op or anyone here. Just stating the facts per U.S. law.

Sent from the stars...

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm honestly quite surprised to see that Microsoft allows emulators on their store. You have to legally own a physical copy of the games that you have on your phone for the emulator. If you don't, it can be upward to an 80,000$ fine for game.

Not trying to be derogatory to the op or anyone here. Just stating the facts per U.S. law.

Sent from the stars...

They're allowing because they need apps on their store or WP8 may die, about this legal stuff, I don't know about others but is on my emu help FAQ page:
3) Its Legal to Copy a game I Own?
A: Yes. U.S. Copyright laws allow you to make one backup copy of software you own. However, that backup copy is “tied” to your original. If you sell or give away your original software, you must destroy your backup copy or package it with the orignal when you sell or give it away. Likewise, you may not sell or give away your backup copy without the original.
4) Its legal to download a copy of a game I own?
A: No. Even if you own the original game, you are not entitled to download a copy of it. Copyright law states that the only copy of software you are entitled to is the one you make yourself.

But remember that sony itself made the Xperia Play, with a built in PSX emulator.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sent from the stars...

They're allowing because they need apps on their store or WP8 may die, about this legal stuff, I don't know about others but is on my emu help FAQ page:
3) Its Legal to Copy a game I Own?
A: Yes. U.S. Copyright laws allow you to make one backup copy of software you own. However, that backup copy is ?tied? to your original. If you sell or give away your original software, you must destroy your backup copy or package it with the orignal when you sell or give it away. Likewise, you may not sell or give away your backup copy without the original.
4) Its legal to download a copy of a game I own?
A: No. Even if you own the original game, you are not entitled to download a copy of it. Copyright law states that the only copy of software you are entitled to is the one you make yourself.

But remember that sony itself made the Xperia Play, with a built in PSX emulator.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had a chance to play around with the new update that was just released? The app looks a whole lot better for sure.

I am testing out a couple different games right now, MGS and Clock Tower still don't appear to be compatible. Unfortunately my laptop had to go in for repairs so the only games I am able to test out are the ones I already had uploaded to my SkyDrive until I get it back. Gonna try and see if the Final Fantasy 8 memory card issue has been resolved now.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded the update, unfortunately it still freezes every time I press "load state"... If anyone knows a fix that would be awesome

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
No clue, still having that issue as well. It seems like this update was more of a cosmetic one (the app looks much more fantastic now)

FF8 still doesn't recognize a memory card, but hopefully the next update will add that and more games compatibility.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the update. The primary things to do now:
  • A way to share save states
  • A way to share memory card saves
  • Hanging ROMs
  • Fix setting "tab" name. It says it is "EmiGens Plus"

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is related to the new update or GDR2/Amber update, but I started replaying FF7 since it's the only game I have that works currently, and I have been having a lot of freezing issues that I didn't on my first playthrough. Nothing in particular that ties it all together, just happens periodically, which sucks when I do some grinding not near a save point lol.

I also realized I had FF9's first disc uploaded, so I will give that one a shot and see if it works, and check if it has the memory card issue that FF8 has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon