english apps wotld wide

sflyer17

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
english apps world wide

Hi all! I've been lurking for a long time. I finally finished an app that I've been working on for months. I live in the USA and would like to open this app up to the world. So far it's completely in en-us. Ive seen some tutorials and other suggestions but some is a bit over my head.

Does any one have any suggestions on how to do this as easily as possible.? Most of the text in this app is input by the user. There are a few labels in English. How much do those that don't live in English speaking areas not want to see english only apps?

Last edited:

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I live in Australia but generally release all my games in US English since it's the biggest English speaking market. I always make them available worldwide since it doesn't take any extra effort and there are plenty of English speakers in other countries that might want to pick it up.

Just remember if you're doing a worldwide release you should set the Assembly Neutral Language to "English" and not "English (United States)".

You'll be surprised which countries hook onto your apps. I've had some English only apps become more popular in countries like Germany and Japan.

I'd suggest a good strategy would be to release it to the worldwide market and see how it goes. If it's crazy popular you might want to look into regionalising it, or if it's popular in one particular country you might want to translate just that one.

I'd be interested to hear opinions from anyone who has actually done this!

sflyer17

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I guess I was just concerned about forcing my language on those in non English countries. If they are generally expecting English apps then I won't worry so much and just let it fly.

I'm not the most culturally aware person if you can't tell.;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes