The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-11-2014 02:11 AM
61 123
tools
    hey guys, after intalling gdr3 for my L920 i see that whatsapp doesn't work anymore on notification when receiving new messages. i've already tried to unistall and re-install the app to the lastest release with no results. do you have the same problem too?
    yup, apparently whatsapp and line are encountered some bugs on GDR3
    10-15-2013 09:45 AM
    hey guys, after intalling gdr3 for my L920 i see that whatsapp doesn't work anymore on notification when receiving new messages. i've already tried to unistall and re-install the app to the lastest release with no results. do you have the same problem too?
    Yep, same issue here (L920)!
    10-15-2013 09:53 AM
    It is working just fine for me.
    yes, it works for me too now, I just had to disable/enable live tile in preferences, it was probably unrelated
    10-15-2013 11:21 AM
    Thanks for posting, all! I'm going to go out on a limb and say that GDR3 is not introducing very many problems. Good update.
    10-15-2013 11:29 AM
    Hi has anyone noticed that when you click on a photo on Facebook in IE in mobile mode, the photo extends over to the right and I can't scroll to see it, is there any way to fix this??
    Darren, it's just like that since the beginning. I'm using regular mobile site --> m.facebook.com with 'visit as PC' enabled to avoid this annoying bug. So, I'm sure it's not GDR3 issue :p
    have a good day.
    10-15-2013 11:30 AM
    Engadget app stop working after grd3, reinstalling it didnt solve the problem.

6tag has problems too, no live tile and fb connection.
    10-15-2013 12:29 PM
    How do I enable visit as PC ? Do you mean , mobile version in website preference? Also I wasn't like that on my phone yesterday and my work mate has a Lumia 920 and I checked it on his phone today and his pictures were sized properly, he's on gdr2/amber
    10-15-2013 12:48 PM
    This update had zero effect with WhatsApp for me.
    10-15-2013 12:58 PM
    How do I enable visit as PC ? Do you mean , mobile version in website preference? Also I wasn't like that on my phone yesterday and my work mate has a Lumia 920 and I checked it on his phone today and his pictures were sized properly, he's on gdr2/amber
    oh, yup I meant that I switch from "mobile version" to "PC version" in IE's settings, and then I'm visiting m.facebook.com.

m.facebook.com visited with 'mobile version' turned on... is in fact --> touch.facebook.com

I was unable to see whole image via "touch.facebook.com" since the day I bought my Lumia :-(
    However, you can open this photo and hit 'view full size' below to see whole photo (including hidden part).
    So the point is, it's not GDR3.. at least for me, because I experienced this issue before update. ;)
    Have no idea why it's not working properly..
    10-15-2013 01:20 PM
    Maybe it's just one app, but just in case, let's use this thread to list your device and which apps no longer work after installing GDR3.

Lumia 1020: Tapatalk opens, but can no longer open any of the forums I had in there.

Edit: This error also shows for some people on GDR2. Still, it worked for me on this 1020 before upgrading to GDR3.

Edit2: Tapatalk now works again for me, and not many people report a problem with it on GDR3. Maybe just general bugginess.

We are internally testing next update of Tapatalk with gdr3

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_375 using Tapatalk
    Joe920 likes this.
    10-15-2013 01:42 PM
    I have filed a bug report for Line. hope they fix it soon. it's just an annoyance.
    haven't notice any other bug. overall a great preview
    plnoyr likes this.
    10-15-2013 02:05 PM
    Further to the broken WhatsApp reports, my messages will not show as sent, and somehow the old audio API streaming feature seems to have returned! Very strange. Anyone else getting this? (on 8X)

UPDATED: Uninstall and reinstall sorted it. Now working perfectly. I think the "stuck" outgoing message in question must've kept the audio API open whilst the app was in the background.
    Last edited by gooper; 10-15-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    10-15-2013 03:09 PM
    Everything for me.
    Nothing at all bar pre-installed O/S type features will open (Me hub, Nokia Music, Camera etc..)
    For every app, the screen blanks then swings in again as was.

Metro Tube, Facebook Beta, Paperboy, WhatsApp, WPCentral, Bing Weather, Words By Post, AlphaJax, scratch that - EVERY game I have.

Even the screen rotation option in Settings does nothing when pressed, just indents. Nothing.

Worst update ever.
    10-15-2013 03:25 PM
    Wow, I decided to do a clean install of WhatsApp. I was having some awful delays in my messages being delivered. Not uncommon though... And now I can't even register, saying network issues. My data is fine. I hate WhatsApp. No idea if this is related to the OS and an App compatibility or what.
    10-15-2013 03:27 PM
    oh, yup I meant that I switch from "mobile version" to "PC version" in IE's settings, and then I'm visiting m.facebook.com.

m.facebook.com visited with 'mobile version' turned on... is in fact --> touch.facebook.com

I was unable to see whole image via "touch.facebook.com" since the day I bought my Lumia :-(
    However, you can open this photo and hit 'view full size' below to see whole photo (including hidden part).
    So the point is, it's not GDR3.. at least for me, because I experienced this issue before update. ;)
    Have no idea why it's not working properly..
    i just reverted back to gdr2 there and it is fixed, the photos are scaled properly on mobile version of facebook, so it is gdr3 for me lol, not that big a deal but was annoying lol
    10-15-2013 03:44 PM
    Everything for me.
    Nothing at all bar pre-installed O/S type features will open (Me hub, Nokia Music, Camera etc..)
    For every app, the screen blanks then swings in again as was.

Metro Tube, Facebook Beta, Paperboy, WhatsApp, WPCentral, Bing Weather, Words By Post, AlphaJax, scratch that - EVERY game I have.

Even the screen rotation option in Settings does nothing when pressed, just indents. Nothing.

Worst update ever.
    It is a beta/developer's preview that you installed at your own risk. It is, therefore, not even an official update yet so how could it be the worst update ever?
    10-15-2013 04:20 PM
    Because of what I said in the words before that statement. Did you read that part?

I didn't say "worst stable/approved/tested/good to go update ever" I said "worst update ever". In my opinion. Out of all the updates I have done for my phone.

I understand the risks, I was more interested in opinion on why it might not have installed correctly, not glib retorts.
    10-15-2013 04:32 PM
    Notifications when playing 'Angry Words' has stopped. Tried a reinstall, no joy.
    10-15-2013 07:29 PM
    NetGen Reader is broken when viewing with IE through menu (confirm). Maybe developer will fix it before the release.
    Hmm. Seems to work ok for me.
    10-15-2013 08:38 PM

6tag has problems too, no live tile and fb connection.
    I'm pretty sure the FB part is a known issue. Rudy tweeted, I think, that it would be fixed in the next update. That was pre-GDR3, though.
    10-15-2013 08:42 PM
    Oooo... tapatalk could be a show-stopper for me :/
    Uninstall and reinstall?
    Came here just to say that. It's annoying as hell.
    The Line app in WP8 isn't very good in the first place.
    10-16-2013 12:33 AM
    No apps that seem to be broken to me in GDR3... very stable update, and is still compatible with everything, unlike *cough* Windows 8.1 *cough*...
    10-16-2013 02:43 AM
    Yep, same issue here (L920)!
    Reinstalling Whatsapp fixed the notifications again.

No other issue with GDR3 so far, actually pretty happy with closing apps and car mode
    10-16-2013 05:41 AM

Engadget works just fine for me. I've had no app or system related illness since installing GDR3.
    10-16-2013 05:53 AM
    twitter for wp (official) dont work any toast notification, only medoh works
    10-16-2013 08:10 AM
61 123