Apps that are broken in GDR3 Developer Preview

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Everything for me.
Nothing at all bar pre-installed O/S type features will open (Me hub, Nokia Music, Camera etc..)
For every app, the screen blanks then swings in again as was.

Metro Tube, Facebook Beta, Paperboy, WhatsApp, WPCentral, Bing Weather, Words By Post, AlphaJax, scratch that - EVERY game I have.

Even the screen rotation option in Settings does nothing when pressed, just indents. Nothing.

Worst update ever.

It is a beta/developer's preview that you installed at your own risk. It is, therefore, not even an official update yet so how could it be the worst update ever?

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Because of what I said in the words before that statement. Did you read that part?

I didn't say "worst stable/approved/tested/good to go update ever" I said "worst update ever". In my opinion. Out of all the updates I have done for my phone.

I understand the risks, I was more interested in opinion on why it might not have installed correctly, not glib retorts.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Engadget app stop working after grd3, reinstalling it didnt solve the problem.

6tag has problems too, no live tile and fb connection.

I'm pretty sure the FB part is a known issue. Rudy tweeted, I think, that it would be fixed in the next update. That was pre-GDR3, though.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
No apps that seem to be broken to me in GDR3... very stable update, and is still compatible with everything, unlike *cough* Windows 8.1 *cough*... :evil:

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, after intalling gdr3 for my L920 i see that whatsapp doesn't work anymore on notification when receiving new messages. i've already tried to unistall and re-install the app to the lastest release with no results. do you have the same problem too?
whatsapp is working fine on L925 with GDR3.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
just check on your phones if the date and hour are correct, that make some apps not working correct.

Not sure if this is related to GDR3 or not, but I've noticed twice today problems and then noticed that the time had changed. No clue how or why, but setting the time correct, made things go back to normal.

Also, not an app, but a general phone usage thing. Sometimes when swiping over to the app list it starts at #, A...other times it goes to the last place you were in the list. Similar, going to app list, opening an app, then pressing back to close it goes right back to where you were in the app list. Has it always been like that? I thought it went to the start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon