who is going to continue with preview for developers program....

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually purchased a new 1320 with gdr 3 and black out of box before that I had 720 with gdr3 preview on..while setting up 1320 I again signed up for that preview program and did the ota update...so basically now I have preview version of the os then the actual release one on my new phone...am I just stupid ??? or this preview program can help me get that 8.1 early ???how can I go back to the actual release version ??should I go back or continue with it ?? is it just a number change or there are real differences ?I am not a developer just an average user...

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't know why u bothered doing that but I don't think it will hurt ur phone as they are exactly the same but u have now unfortunately voided ur warranty:(

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't know why u bothered doing that but I don't think it will hurt ur phone as they are exactly the same but u have now unfortunately voided ur warranty:(

how can I go back ?? I didn't realize it before and went with the update ...but there shouldn't be an update if my phone was running on current up to date version....

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My understanding, is that the moment WP8.1 (or whatever the next MICROSOFT update is called) is released to developers, we should get it. Then we'll end up waiting for the next official update including Nokia's changes when our telco's decide to release it.

WP8.1 does sound like its going to address a number of things people are begging for, so everyone should join the dev program to get stuff earlier.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
how can I go back ?? I didn't realize it before and went with the update ...but there shouldn't be an update if my phone was running on current up to date version....

yeah u would think that u wouldn't get a notification if u already have the latest but I remember vaguely MS updating Update 3 at some point. U can't go back although sometimes when I've hard reset my phone it has taken me back to a previous version. So maybe u should try that but having said that Nokia technicians will still know you've done that if ever u need to go to a care point!!!

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
yeah u would think that u wouldn't get a notification if u already have the latest but I remember vaguely MS updating Update 3 at some point. U can't go back although sometimes when I've hard reset my phone it has taken me back to a previous version. So maybe u should try that but having said that Nokia technicians will still know you've done that if ever u need to go to a care point!!!
I am just gonna hope that i never have to go to care point...and i found that i am not alone...so many people are on this preview with their 1520 s also..and that app got updated too...not feeling foolish now and just wishing for that wp 8.1 preview...and i guess its coming soon....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon