08-23-2014 07:25 PM
33 12
tools
    What device are you playing on?
    Nokia Lumia 920.
    07-22-2014 02:25 PM
    http://i.imgur.com/Ry41q8j.png

http://i.imgur.com/NCF4sEs.png

Not fixed, and I notice the option to disable the background task in Battery Saver is also conveniently missing. -.-

Good thing I didn't buy that starter car pack as I may well end up uninstalling it again. If I wanted to be bugged to play each day I'd get Cortana to do so.
    ^ This.

Lumia 920 here as well.
    07-22-2014 10:14 PM
    Thanks for letting me know! The team monitors the reviews on the Store pretty religiously so I"m sure they'll have an update in the works (:

It's strange that A8 worked without you being signed into Facebook. Based on the way the cloud saving works in our games according to the game teams, players need to be logged into a social account to create a unique ID on our servers. Without this, I was led to believe that it wouldn't actually save progress online. Both A8 and GTR2 use the same methods for cloud saving so this is really baffling.

I'll mention it to the appropriate people and see if the team is aware. What device are you playing on?
    Hi Ryan... I have an L1520..
    When my gt2 broke I was running on wp8.0... Now, I needed to flash my rom 2 days ago because it was running a HK rom (I live in UK and bought it off amazon from a reputable supplier) ... Anyway that necessitated a hard reset... I re downloaded A8.. And I just went into the game to see if what you said was correct... The system automatically registered how I was and asked me if I wanted to use the saved copy in the cloud... So a8 definitely DOES have cloud saving without using facebook.
    I haven't bothered to re install gt2.. Just cant be bothered to restart for a third time... I'm writing off that 25 spent on IAP. The 25 hours spent on the game (and wasted) were more valuable to be honest.. Don't want to be driving starter cars anymore! :)
    WP8fan likes this.
    07-23-2014 04:52 AM
    Hi Ryan... I have an L1520..
    When my gt2 broke I was running on wp8.0... Now, I needed to flash my rom 2 days ago because it was running a HK rom (I live in UK and bought it off amazon from a reputable supplier) ... Anyway that necessitated a hard reset... I re downloaded A8.. And I just went into the game to see if what you said was correct... The system automatically registered how I was and asked me if I wanted to use the saved copy in the cloud... So a8 definitely DOES have cloud saving without using facebook.
    I haven't bothered to re install gt2.. Just cant be bothered to restart for a third time... I'm writing off that 25 spent on IAP. The 25 hours spent on the game (and wasted) were more valuable to be honest.. Don't want to be driving starter cars anymore! :)
    Hey there, I just saw this! First off, I'm really sorry that the Cloud Save feature did not work for you. Second, if you can, contact our support team and let them know about this bug. They are very understanding, especially when you can provide a proof of purchase for the in-apps and should be able to at least restore the in-apps you made on your account.

If you go the support route, let me know how everything turns out and if you need assistance!
    07-29-2014 01:49 PM
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...acing-2-a.html

Just dropping this here to make sure it hasn't been missed, being in a different subforum. ;)
    08-08-2014 03:28 AM
    When's the fix coming?
    08-08-2014 03:31 AM
    When's the fix coming?
    Worrying thing is, I don't think they even consider this a problem that needs a fix. It's probably supposed to bug you like this.
    08-15-2014 12:44 PM
    I spotted an 08/18 release on Windows Store. I haven't downloaded it though.
    08-23-2014 07:25 PM
33 12