Help Needed from someone with a 512 MB device

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Can I please ask someone with a 512 MB device to search for the game "Gun Frenzy" and let me know whether it allows them to download it or does it inform them that it is restricted to 1GB devices? It needs to be someone that hasn't already downloaded it. I'm trying to find ways to get it working on low memory devices but until then, I'm trying to restrict it to 1GB and above devices so as not to waste anyone's time downloading.

thanks,

Raj

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Raj though the app description says removed support for 512MB ram , I was able to download the game on my Lumia 520 (no I haven't tested out your game on this device ).

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
That's unfortunate .... I don't know why it's not restricting access to 1GB devices and above. I've done everything that is explained in the Microsoft help site.

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded it manually from the web store on PC, copied to SDCard > Installing as we speak

EDIT - Got past the endless number of option screens, to level select, chose the power up option > said loading and then crashed and quit

Maybe that's why its not available to 512MB devices, it doesnt work - tried again, crashed at the same place

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That's unfortunate .... I don't know why it's not restricting access to 1GB devices and above. I've done everything that is explained in the Microsoft help site.

Raj it does not show up in store so I opened Bing search and manually found your game , it redirects me to windows phone store. Where I Got the download option on mums lumia 520. However the app says it was last updated on 13th June 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I briefly hid it from the store so that might be why it's not visible at the moment. I think that if the restriction to 1GB devices was working, it would show in the store but then not allow a download.

Regarding the menus ... thanks for the feedback. I'll remove the requirement to click through the story every time it plays. Other screens, I think are necessary so will probably not be able to reduce it much more than that.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I briefly hid it from the store so that might be why it's not visible at the moment. I think that if the restriction to 1GB devices was working, it would show in the store but then not allow a download.

Regarding the menus ... thanks for the feedback. I'll remove the requirement to click through the story every time it plays. Other screens, I think are necessary so will probably not be able to reduce it much more than that.

I clearly remember when I used to do the same for subway surfers. Download option was not available. Instead when I taped on the ! Option , it used to greet me with a warning saying game requires at least 1GB or more ram. And at that time subway surfer was hidden from windows phone store. I can see that your game is hidden in windows phone store , EDIT YES I am able to search the game in my Lumia 920.

Last edited:

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Really??? So it's visible on your Lumia 920 and at the same time invisible on your 520? That sounds fantastic! Can you please confirm? This is giving me a major headache ... and seeing all these bad reviews from angry 512 MB device owners is getting me down. :unhappysweat:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Really??? So it's visible on your Lumia 920 and at the same time invisible on your 520? That sounds fantastic! Can you please confirm? This is giving me a major headache ... and seeing all these bad reviews from angry 512 MB device owners is getting me down. :unhappysweat:

EDIT :- a soft reset is showing the game in windows phone store , lumia 520. I think you should re submit your app.

Last edited:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this helps or not... I've just done a search for it and it's appears in the store for my Lumia 620. Install button *is* lit. Current version shown is 1.1.0.0 "Removed 512MB support as the app was crashing frequently on devices with less than 1GB of memory".

Testing the 'install' button - it's started downloading it.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if this helps or not... I've just done a search for it and it's appears in the store for my Lumia 620. Install button *is* lit. Current version shown is 1.1.0.0 "Removed 512MB support as the app was crashing frequently on devices with less than 1GB of memory".

Testing the 'install' button - it's started downloading it.

Did you find the app in windows phone store or via internet explorer /bing/google search ?

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys .... this is really killing me. I don't understand why this option isn't just a toggle button right in Visual Studio the same way the other requirements are. For some reason, this requirement requires me to edit an xml file and I have no xml coding experience. :crying:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys .... this is really killing me. I don't understand why this option isn't just a toggle button right in Visual Studio the same way the other requirements are. For some reason, this requirement requires me to edit an xml file and I have no xml coding experience. :crying:

Why not PM a developer here on forums. I am sure someone would give you helping hand :smile:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Interesting ... I just got some feedback that the game works great on a 630 with the Cyan update. Apparently Cyan has memory optimizations that should allow it to work on 512MB devices. :smile:

So if the update I submitted today doesn't restrict access then I may just leave it and suffer through a lot of bad reviews before the Cyan update comes out. Hopefully, when Cyan comes out .. there will be a reversal in that trend.

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
By the way, the update I pushed out today for the game allows for the player to run and shoot and includes new Bloom lighting effects (that can be enabled in the options menu).

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Interesting ... I just got some feedback that the game works great on a 630 with the Cyan update. Apparently Cyan has memory optimizations that should allow it to work on 512MB devices. :smile:

So if the update I submitted today doesn't restrict access then I may just leave it and suffer through a lot of bad reviews before the Cyan update comes out. Hopefully, when Cyan comes out .. there will be a reversal in that trend.

The 630 also has a faster processor and most likely faster memory so they could be a contributing factor. You might find it helpful to ask some 625 users for some input as they are 512MB devices and have mostly had Cyan released for them. If not, I'll happily test it on my 620 when it gets Cyan?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon