Dilemma, What tablet should I get?

Djal Tropoje

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy a new tablet , as im a student and i think that is a better choice than taking your laptop everyday . Dell venue 8 pro , Lenovo miix2 and Toshiba Encore , are three difficult choices as their specs seem to be quite similar with each other . What i strongly need is battery life , a godd display and programs like office to run fast and fluid . The other features like sound ,and camera arent so important for me .

What would you suggest me ? It would also help any actual experience :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro I really like it. I had a Surface RT before it was just to slow for me. I have heard great things about the Dell. I don't see the Surface Pro 1/2 in your list. Why are you not considering getting a Surface Pro?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I also have a Surface PRO. My most used app is one note and I use the pen a lot.

I use my Surface PRO for school and work. I picked up Office 365 University edition that cost $80 for 4 years

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What's your price range? And do you need something basic like Word and email or do you require a lot of legacy/x86 apps?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not purely a tablet, but I ordered (due to ship today :grin:) a Lenovo Yoga 11s. It's got the 11" size I wanted, it's a laptop, but it flips around to be a tablet. Some don't like that the keys are exposed when in tablet mode, and holding it, but trying it out at Best Buy, that didn't bother me so much. It's going to be a lot nicer than lugging around my HP dv6t SE with a 15.6" screen, yet it has the i3 so there's enough power to be able to do some work away from the big PC. Maybe not what you're looking for, but thought I'd throw it out there as an option. I wanted a convertible that I could use as a tablet, but also be able to use as a full Win8 PC.

Djal Tropoje

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everybody :D
I am not a strong tablet user , and i needed a tablet with that price of range , therefore i wanted to know experiences with these kind of tablets . Just basic office (powerpoint , access ) or emails or any other scripts or documents i need to university :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon