Hi,
    I would like to buy a Win 8 tablet. The main use will be: to navigate, mails, see some tv from streaming and play. I would like to play some games like civ 5 and games that are adapted to touch controls.
    I have 2 small children and I would like to use the tablet to have more mobility
    Many thanks and sorry for my english!
    05-12-2014 08:13 AM
    Well to play games like civ 5 u will need a tablet that runs the full windows os. I say the surface pro line of tablets are ur best bet. I have a surface pro 2 and play games like skyrim, borderlands 2 on it and it is a great tablet but can get expensive. The pro 2 tablets start at $899 us dollars, not sure where u are from
    David Tabernero likes this.
    05-12-2014 08:30 AM
    Well to play games like civ 5 u will need a tablet that runs the full windows os. I say the surface pro line of tablets are ur best bet. I have a surface pro 2 and play games like skyrim, borderlands 2 on it and it is a great tablet but can get expensive. The pro 2 tablets start at $899 us dollars, not sure where u are from
    Thanks. I'm from Spain. Surface 2 is very expensive for me . Other alternatives?
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-12-2014 08:43 AM
    It might be a little outdated but I have an Asus T100 and it is getting jobs done pretty well. It is $379 in USA now and comes with a free keyboard dock.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-12-2014 08:48 AM
    Well u could look into the dell venue pro series I am not sure how well would run civ 5 though. I will look up some info for u and get back to u
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-12-2014 03:27 PM
    There are numerous options out there. However, most hinge on the graphics capabilities of the Intel graphics coupled with the Atom Bay-Trail processor. From my experience, it should work fine however.

The 8" tablet market is pretty crowded with similar devices. The Dell Venue 8 Pro, Lenovo Miix 2, Toshiba Encore, Acer W4 are potential options, but the 8 inch (sorry for imperial) display can be a boon or a curse. (its small, which is a double edged sword.)

In the larger, more conventional line, the Dell Venue 11 Pro comes in a $500 version which can fit your bill. The Surface Pro has already been brought up, the 1st generation will work great ($500, is more powerful, but doesn't last as long) if you can live with the 5-ish hour battery life. The ASUS T100 is another fine option.

I will refrain from recommending last-gen Clover-Trail tablets like the ASUS IdeaPad Lynx because I don't know how well the graphics will stack up. It serves my dad well however.
    05-12-2014 04:46 PM