I am so pissed with Microsoft Surface support

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My Surface RT was replaced last year due to corrosion. The replacement was consumated in Singapore and was hassle-free.

I found out much later on the replacement has a broken HDMI (no display) but I didn't go crazy as just brushed it off. However, in the course of time it developed a new problem cause byjust a guess, heat.

Bw-b2-UCAAAzt-e.jpg

Since I'm going to Singapore again, I filed a service request which was granted and issued a Service Order last August 14 for the replacement. I checked the Service Order and to wreck my day, I found it cancelled. The exchange should happen tomorrow when I get to Singapore.

I wasn't informed about the cancellation, no reason, no email, and the CHAT option to contact Surface support is gone from the support web page.

I wanna say, no, I will say F&U Surface Support!!!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This was a frustratingly long agony that in the end Surface support was a total disappointment.
Sent from my Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe

Wall-SWE

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand? Why are you pissed?
I have been in contact with Surface support a lot of times, they have always helped me and exchanged my device no questions asked. Sure it takes some time to receive the new device, but what do you expect?

When I called Apple and told them my iPhone overheats in the summers here in Sweden. They told me that my 90 Days of free phone support is over, and wanted to charge me for the call. And went on to say, that I should take it to an Apple store (at the time we have ONE store in the capital of Sweden). They also told me this is not covered by the warranty, basically though luck the phone is not to be used in temperatures over 25 Celsius (71.6 degrees Fahrenheit), and this is stated on the Apple homepage. WHICH COUNTRY DOESNT GET TEMPERATURES OVER 25 Celsius!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
As stated in my original post,

1. I received a replacement Surface RT with a faulty HDMI port in a transaction made last year.
2. I am from the Philippines where there is no service center for any Microsoft hardware. I can get support from Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and Singapore.

To facilitate the supposedly easy replacement,

3. I filed the Service Request and got the Service Order a month before my trip to Singapore, only to find out a day before I leave that it was cancelled.
4. Singapore Surface support lost the chat feature, can't use call back for obvious reasons.
5. Contacted US support and after a long chat, finally gave me a Service Order. They know that I will be staying in Singapore for a limited time. They know from previous transaction that I can get an overnight replacement, and they specified that in the Service Order.

Bu then,

6. When I arrived in Singapore, I wasn't contacted as before.
7. I requested a callback (had to spend for Singapore SIM) and after a long discussion with support, the bottom line is they will not ship the replacement, due to a replacement policy of 8 days.

There.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes