04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 209210211212213 ...
tools
    That's a good suggestion, thanks. I do carry around a cable (and plug) to work in case I need it. In fact, said cable is currently charging my Pixel on my desk. I just don't like having a need to carry a cable daily.

I might get an extra USB-C cable just for the car, since I'm always listening to Spotify via my phone anyway (I have a 15 minute commute, but knock on wood with a life change coming soon, I will have a longer commute to the other location, which might justify this purchase). I could charge at night but my current cord isn't long enough for me to read before falling asleep. It's kind of annoying to try to read with it connected to the charger.

It's worth giving a try though, thank you. As you and anyone else who posts in this thread often knows, being a switcher can be exhausting and expensive. The number of times I have set up phones this past weekend, ugh I need a break.
    I feel your pain guurll.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    10-30-2017 01:22 PM
    I feel your pain guurll.
    The struggle is real. It's fun to try and follow all of this but there's a point when you could get burnout from the trials. I still feel tired/drained from this, even though I "decided" on something. Ha.
    fatclue_98 and aximtreo like this.
    10-30-2017 02:20 PM
    My wife still uses her Lumia 1020. This replaced her Samsung Sync A707 which she had for 7 years. She looks to me for guidance on what to do when the 1020 fails, which she fears. I love my Lumia 950 and will stay with it until I am forced to change. I am thinking of the LG V30 with a SquareHome 2 or MS Launcher in order to make the transition less painful. Or a future Android phone with a killer camera.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    10-30-2017 02:41 PM
    Those things do put on a nice fire and smoke show!! I recall using something similar... the flash cubes was smoking!!

... !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2017 07:15 PM
    Already did
    10-31-2017 02:55 AM
    That's a good suggestion, thanks. I do carry around a cable (and plug) to work in case I need it. In fact, said cable is currently charging my Pixel on my desk. I just don't like having a need to carry a cable daily.

I might get an extra USB-C cable just for the car, since I'm always listening to Spotify via my phone anyway (I have a 15 minute commute, but knock on wood with a life change coming soon, I will have a longer commute to the other location, which might justify this purchase). I could charge at night but my current cord isn't long enough for me to read before falling asleep. It's kind of annoying to try to read with it connected to the charger.

It's worth giving a try though, thank you. As you and anyone else who posts in this thread often knows, being a switcher can be exhausting and expensive. The number of times I have set up phones this past weekend, ugh I need a break.
    It does seem quite exhausting.I too feel you need a break.
    libra89 and Joe920 like this.
    10-31-2017 10:31 AM
    It does seem quite exhausting.I too feel you need a break.
    Aw thank you.
    Rinsun likes this.
    10-31-2017 10:46 AM
    Suggestion to change the thread title to

Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...the LibraLife

11-02-2017 06:22 AM
    Suggestion to change the thread title to

Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...the LibraLife
    LOL! I post a lot here, but hey others do too!
    aximtreo, Rinsun, Joe920 and 4 others like this.
    11-02-2017 08:54 AM
    I'll be honest, I am hoping that some people who are getting the X would want to give up their iPhone 8.

That's the only phone that I would actually consider switching to, especially since hearing that the battery life on the 8 is actually better than the SE.

As for how it is going with the Pixel, it's going alright. It feels like I'm charging daily and that I should always have a cable.
    11-03-2017 11:01 AM
    Big question is if that happened, what would you get rid of?
    libra89 likes this.
    11-03-2017 01:09 PM
    Big question is if that happened, what would you get rid of?
    That's a great question. It depends on battery life most likely. If it turns out to be better than the Pixel, I would get rid of the SE. I would prefer to keep a phone with a headphone jack. (I know that my Lumia 650 has one...but I mean a phone that I would actually use as one.)

I wish that there was a magical way that I could try the 8 for myself and decide if I will be keeping it or not (so I wouldn't have another thing to sell). There kind of is one but that depends on selling another phone...
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    11-03-2017 02:56 PM
    That's a great question. It depends on battery life most likely. If it turns out to be better than the Pixel, I would get rid of the SE. I would prefer to keep a phone with a headphone jack. (I know that my Lumia 650 has one...but I mean a phone that I would actually use as one.)

I wish that there was a magical way that I could try the 8 for myself and decide if I will be keeping it or not (so I wouldn't have another thing to sell). There kind of is one but that depends on selling another phone...
    You can buy one from your carrier or Apple Store and you have 14 days to use it to see what you think. I have the 7+ and that's what I'm going to do once the hubbub slows down a bit.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    11-03-2017 04:30 PM
    You can buy one from your carrier or Apple Store and you have 14 days to use it to see what you think. I have the 7+ and that's what I'm going to do once the hubbub slows down a bit.
    I’m not sure about other carriers but the Magnanimous Magentus Moronicus (aka T-Mobile) charge a $50 restocking fee on top of a $20 activation fee so it’s something to consider if you’re just taking a test drive. I can’t imagine they’re the only ones who charge these fees.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    11-03-2017 09:53 PM

I’m on the newest 11.1 update and battery life is weird. If my phone calls are on the slow side (20+/-) on any given day then it’s very good. If I have a “normal” 40-50 call day then it’ll need a top-off around 2:00. I’ve never noticed such a big discrepancy on battery life based solely on voice calls on any other phone before.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and editguy like this.
    11-03-2017 10:00 PM
    I'll pass on my carrier, but I might consider the Apple Store. Thank you.

I’m on the newest 11.1 update and battery life is weird. If my phone calls are on the slow side (20+/-) on any given day then it’s very good. If I have a “normal” 40-50 call day then it’ll need a top-off around 2:00. I’ve never noticed such a big discrepancy on battery life based solely on voice calls on any other phone before.
    Wow, that's really weird o_o That is pretty big, I agree. I didn't want to double quote you but with the carrier I'm on (cricket), they also require a new sim card ($10, only in person though) and a $25 upgrade fee regardless. I agree with you on the point about the trial. I'm good considering that I would paying the same price for the phone itself through Apple but minus the $25.

I remember when I got my SE from them (that I returned), I somehow ended up paying for another sim card because the original new one was meant to be activated with the iPhone. Welp.
    11-03-2017 10:58 PM
    Thanks to a such a kind person around here, I got my wish so my iPhone 8 is set to arrive on Tuesday. I could have gotten it today but I can't be bothered to deal with the mall (30 minute drive and the parking struggle can be real at times there). I can wait.
    nate0 and fatclue_98 like this.
    11-04-2017 11:42 AM
    Thanks to a such a kind person around here, I got my wish so my iPhone 8 is set to arrive on Tuesday. I could have gotten it today but I can't be bothered to deal with the mall (30 minute drive and the parking struggle can be real at times there). I can wait.
    Better get a case.
    libra89 and Joe920 like this.
    11-04-2017 01:56 PM
    Better get a case.
    I'll get one tomorrow just in case since I hear that it is slippery as ever. Glass backed phones grind me lol...

So many choices of cases is not a problem I'm used to having haha.
    nate0, Wolfjt and fatclue_98 like this.
    11-04-2017 02:31 PM
    Borrowing an 8 for a test drive, or did you buy it?
    libra89 likes this.
    11-06-2017 11:04 AM
    Borrowing an 8 for a test drive, or did you buy it?
    I was able to buy it for a deal that allows returns without restocking fees. It was a deal unique to me thanks to this kind person.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    11-06-2017 12:18 PM
    I was able to buy it for a deal that allows returns without restocking fees. It was a deal unique to me thanks to this kind person.
    Great deal for you. I would be interested to hear your impressions.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-07-2017 08:44 AM
    Great deal for you. I would be interested to hear your impressions.
    Thanks! I'll be sharing them once I get it in my hands.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    11-07-2017 10:09 AM
    Early impressions of the iPhone 8:

-Finally got myself a silver one (I mean for a iPhone in general) and I like how it looks on the 8/X.
    -The speakers seem louder, especially coming from the Pixel and SE. I like it.
    -I actually like the TrueTone screen thing a lot.
    -The 8 doesn’t feel any heavier to me. I’m liking that it is shorter than the Pixel.
    -I’m struggling with the iOS keyboard but that’s not really unique to the 8, lol.
    11-07-2017 08:01 PM
    Early impressions of the iPhone 8:

-Finally got myself a silver one (I mean for a iPhone in general) and I like how it looks on the 8/X.
    -The speakers seem louder, especially coming from the Pixel and SE. I like it.
    -I actually like the TrueTone screen thing a lot.
    -The 8 doesn’t feel any heavier to me. I’m liking that it is shorter than the Pixel.
    -I’m struggling with the iOS keyboard but that’s not really unique to the 8, lol.
    Get SwiftKey or Gboard installed ASAP. The stock iOS keyboard kills me
    libra89 likes this.
    11-08-2017 07:40 AM
5,481 ... 209210211212213 ...