I have Pokemon FireRed ROM for VBA8 and wanted to import a save file to it but I'm having trouble getting it to work. The save file has the same name as my ROM and downloads from SkyDrive just fine but when I start up the game it says "The save file has been deleted" and it starts a new game. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing anything obvious? Thanks for your help.
    01-26-2014 08:45 PM
    What app are you using?
    01-27-2014 03:31 AM
    What app are you using?
    VBA8: VBA8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    01-27-2014 02:23 PM
    I have Pokemon FireRed ROM for VBA8 and wanted to import a save file to it but I'm having trouble getting it to work. The save file has the same name as my ROM and downloads from SkyDrive just fine but when I start up the game it says "The save file has been deleted" and it starts a new game. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing anything obvious? Thanks for your help.
    you are probably trying import a 64k save file. This file was created by a buggy VBA version. It should have created a 128kb save file. A 64k save file cannot be repaired.
    02-03-2014 01:30 AM
    Hi,

I have the same issue.
    On my computer I am using VisualBoyAdvance, the settings are set on Flash 128k.
    You can see the settings here: take. ms/LyRw1 (remove space)

So the .sav file size is 128ko, I can import it, no problems but the issue is for the .sgm file.
    I have the error regarding the name which must be the same than the rom one, but it is the case.

The names are identical, only the extension differ.

Do you have any idea why ? Thanks :)

Ps: the error is in VBA8 too.
    02-04-2015 04:29 AM
    Hi,

I have the same issue.
    On my computer I am using VisualBoyAdvance, the settings are set on Flash 128k.
    You can see the settings here: take. ms/LyRw1 (remove space)

So the .sav file size is 128ko, I can import it, no problems but the issue is for the .sgm file.
    I have the error regarding the name which must be the same than the rom one, but it is the case.

The names are identical, only the extension differ.

Do you have any idea why ? Thanks :)

Ps: the error is in VBA8 too.
    Well, only the ingame save file (.sav) are interchangeable, the .sgm files are not.
    02-09-2015 02:24 PM