Query regarding SysApp Pusher

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just installed SysApp Pusher yesterday and I needed to ask something regarding it. I have pinned the app to my start screen and needed to know the following :

1) When an update is found, will the count appear on the SysApp Pusher pusher tile ?
2) Does SysApp Pusher work independently from the main Windows update checker which updates the Windows phone store live tile ?
3) If an update is available will the count reflect on both the SysApp Pusher tile as well as the store tile ?

What I noticed yesterday was that after installing sysapp pusher, the Windows phone store live tile didn't show an update so I'm kinda confused.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
sysapp pusher works great for me , if you go into app update forums , everyone uses the same to post ;)
1.if you enable sysapppusher in background from settings , yes the tile will show app updates you have added in the list.
2.windows store uses azure servers to check app for updates which refreshes after every 12 hours or sometimes may be 24 (my Lumia 920 checks for app update daily ay 9:00-10:00 A.M) so I keep wifi tuned on and store live tile does show updates. sysapp pusher works differently it stores the app information locally (when was the app last updates for instance when you add an app example Facebook it was updated on 1-1-2014 , but you added the app in sysapppusher on 3-1-2014 , sysapppusher wont show any update since you added the app on 3-1-2014) , so now when Facebook get an update on 5-1-2014 , sysapppusher will check the app when it was last updated on store and will show you an update for the same.
3.if the tile isn't showing any update , you manually checked the app for update via sysapppusher , store tile will not show update unless you open the app that requires update , try this one same example Facebook get an update , you tried sysapppusher for it , open Facebook and it says update in store , close store and now store tile will show 1 update.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
example Facebook it was updated on 1-1-2014 , but you added the app in sysapppusher on 3-1-2014 , sysapppusher wont show any update since you added the app on 3-1-2014) , so now when Facebook get an update on 5-1-2014 , sysapppusher will check the app when it was last updated on store and will show you an update for the same.
Ok now considering what you said, say on 5-1-2014 Facebook was updated 2 times on the store, in this case the date would remain the same, then would it show an update twice via sysApp Pusher ?

3.if the tile isn't showing any update , you manually checked the app for update via sysapppusher , store tile will not show update unless you open the app that requires update , try this one same example Facebook get an update , you tried sysapppusher for it , open Facebook and it says update in store , close store and now store tile will show 1 update.
Now say the Windows store tile gets updated once in 24 hrs at 10 AM daily. Consider at 9 AM say an update happens on the store for FB. Sysapp Pusher tile will show count as 1. I do not open Sysapp Pusher at all. Now when it is 10 AM, will the store tile also show count as 1 automatically ?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I never tried that out , sysappusher should show you another update if you check it once again , since when the first update is showed and you updated it , you can mark the update as updated in sysappusher , and now again if you go to check for updates , it will show you an update since it shows a newer build version of the app

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes if the store tile got updated on time , it will show you an update , sysappusher checks for app update every 30 mins since live tiles/background task occurs after every 30 mins , both if them will show you notification that you have an update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos